Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
What have others done to add seating to your van? We currently have two seats in the front and need a third seat for our son and his carseat. Have others added a bench seat to the front? It's not ideal for me to have him in the front but are open to all options. Have you added an additional seat in the back? where have you added it? is it a swivel seat? We are hoping to maximize our space every way we can. What specific seats have you used? We are 100% new to this, but are handy and are confident in our DIY skills. Thanks for the help!

Registered
Here is one of many threads;

edit; Here is another two;

The big issues are engineering & safety sign off & your insurer.

Registered

Registered
I added a seat to the back, but it is an extreme solution to fit my needs.

I used and designed my layout around a Smartbeds Evolution R seat. Unless you need to sleep and seat 4, it probably is not worth the approximately $4000 I spent. For my needs it is the perfect solution.

Registered
Freedman makes upfitter seats with a built-in seatbelt; they come in single or dual seats, various widths, and some are designed so that the bottom seat flips up to give you more room. Also you can add the bolt-in points for child seats. There is a bracket the bolts under the chassis. I did not do this; we had a van builder do most of the work on ours. Here's a link. Pretty sure we used the "Go"seat. We have two, so we can carry two grandkids. In our design, they bolt into tracks in the floor, and the track is heavily bolted into the chassis. Not comfortable for adults for a long drive but OK for kids.They are designed for upfitting and meet safety standards if installed correctly. They need to face forward. Seats should not face sideways; it is unsafe and now illegal in Europe, at least that's what I read.

Registered
1 - 9 of 9 Posts