Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
6,106 Posts
Can't be any worse then not changing the cabin filter in a PM.

Personally I would focused on cooling the condenser coil itself.

Reactions: RV8R

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
4,830 Posts
Can't be any worse then not changing the cabin filter in a PM.

Personally I would focused on cooling the condenser coil itself.
on my M3 too ,,, BMW Dealer would spray Lysol or a similar product into that Petri dish HVAC box

I’m starting to smell the same odour outta my 2018 Ram Pickup & it just had the cabin filter replaced ,,, Time to learn how to Lysol it myself I guess.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
A guy on YouTube (in German, apologies) is using the condensate to cool the air before entering the A/C:
I don't know how effective this is, but the intake air is certainly cooled down.
Window air conditioners do the same thing by splashing water (condensate) onto condenser to get evaporative cooling at condenser heat exchanger. This reduces head pressure and lowers power requirements. It has limits though. In real dry climate there is very little or no condensate produced, and in real humid climate evaporative cooling doesn’t work well — though it helps on warm condenser temperatures that far exceed ambient temperature. In the middle (typical afternoon A/C peak use) relative humidity is low enough to work great much of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
In theory at least, the condensate water could be collected, sterilized, and used for rinsing off at least some items.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
878 Posts

·
Registered
Fiat Ducato 250 Maxi, L2H2
17 Posts
@Chance thank you, I didn't know that.

Thanks for posting that.
@GaryBIS figure you might enjoy the video
For completeness, there are a couple of studies that analyse this in detail: