Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do people really have experience with hot exhaust tubes or are we just speculating? I run one of these in my house constantly and I have never once felt the exhaust tube/area be hot or radiating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I experimented w/ a 9K single hose. About 18" duct. 90F+ ambient. Could touch duct but WAY too hot to grasp n hold. No temp taken. So the entire duct was radiating into the cab. Unit could only give about 10 degree delta so scraped that idea. No interest in insulating duct because the unit plus a fat tube was too much real estate to sacrifice.
Interesting, thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ditto on the single/double hose situation. My intended solution is to have a separate battery run unit to take in air and cool it before it gets to the AC unit, then exhaust the AC through a separate opening far above and away from the intake. I'm also thinking of adding some mushroom vents to the roof to push out hot air, and hang some fans around the van to keep the air circulating.
I've been thinking about adding an insulated housing for the exhaust tube, but I hadn't really experienced a tube hot enough to need it in the time that I've been using these units in my house. Thanks for the tip on the insulated dryer hose!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts