Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a stereo amplifier? Inline? Plug ins available?
I have swapped out the front speakers to JBL 6520 and have added the rears (boxed) under the middle seat as I have a bench and bulkhead.
I'm looking to add a nice small Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel amp up under the dash.
Are there any install kits for this kind of install? I checked with Crutchfield but they just had wire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
MtBiker
Has anyone added a stereo amplifier? Inline? Plug ins available?
I have swapped out the front speakers to JBL 6520 and have added the rears (boxed) under the middle seat as I have a bench and bulkhead.
I'm looking to add a nice small Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel amp up under the dash.
Are there any install kits for this kind of install? I checked with Crutchfield but they just had wire.
Did you install an amp? I just replaced factory speakers and sound wasn’t much better. Crutchfield suggested an amp. What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I installed compact powered sub under the drivers seat in addition to the same jbl’s you put in the doors. The sub was an easy install and it sounds really great now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What sub did you install? How’d you wire it power and audio?
I got a package deal with one of these: Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact powered subwoofer at Crutchfield

audio connection ran from rca’s on back of stereo, across the inside of dash, down to floor next to drivers door, under floor to under drivers seat. Power I ran from the start batt to the sub. I’ll switch that over to power from the house batt when I switch the stereo to the same.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MtBiker

Did you install an amp? I just replaced factory speakers and sound wasn’t much better. Crutchfield suggested an amp. What did you end up doing?
I still have not added an amp. Hopefully in the next couple of months. The current bass side is pretty muddy and an amp should help clean it up.
I like the idea of adding in a sub woofer also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts