Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 2500 159WB High Roof standard Nexen tires DIY camper. Actual weights with liquid tanks half full are front 3650 pounds/1825 per tire, rear 3310 pounds/1655 per tire. An email to Nexen asking for best tire pressures got no response. At the moment I have 62 psi in all tires. Any suggestions for best tire pressure?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Always a good idea to go by the pressures on the tag inside the driver's door. I you have a failure, it backs you up if you need to claim to tire mfg. I always go by my local Discount Tire and buy the Road Hazard insurance. It not only insures the tires against road hazards, nails, sidewall punctures.........., but they will balance and rotate your tires every 5000 miles, and they fix flats free. Other tire stores may do the same, I just use DT cause they are close by, and the guys there are all about customer service and satisfaction. My last Michelin LTX's lasted over 100K. FWIW

·
Registered
625 Posts
The pressures listed on the doors are nearly always for full load weights. If you're not maxing out GVW, shouldn't need to be at max tire pressure. Many Sprinter and Transit folks have been lowering tire pressures a bit from placard values and getting a better ride and handling. Kinda surprised it hasn't really come up here before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Nexen Roadian CT8 HL is an all-season highway tire. They are intended for use on vans, light trucks and some Suv's and crossovers. They come as original equipment on some of these vehicles. They offer excellent handling capability and perform well in most weather conditions including light snow. Roadian CT8 HL tires offer dependable tread life.

The 225/75R16 Nexen Roadian CT8 HL has a diameter of 29.3", a width of 8.8", mounts on a 16" rim and has 709 revolutions per mile. It weighs 40 lbs, has a max load of 3195/3085 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 83 psi, a tread depth of 14.5/32" and should be used on a rim width of 6-7".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nexen Roadian CT8 HL is an all-season highway tire

The Nexen Roadian CT8 HL is an all-season highway tire. They are intended for use on vans, light trucks and some Suv's and crossovers. They come as original equipment on some of these vehicles. They offer excellent handling capability and perform well in most weather conditions including light snow. Roadian CT8 HL tires offer dependable tread life.

The 225/75R16 Nexen Roadian CT8 HL has a diameter of 29.3", a width of 8.8", mounts on a 16" rim and has 709 revolutions per mile. It weighs 40 lbs, has a max load of 3195/3085 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 83 psi, a tread depth of 14.5/32" and should be used on a rim width of 6-7".:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts