Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to get an accessory position on the ignition switch? I'm an expeditor and sitting sometimes without a Radio really sucks. The auxiliary plugs all go dead as we'll. leaving a cell phone plugged in for a charge can't happen without it running. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

·
Super Moderator
9,090 Posts
It's pretty simple to rewire the USB plug and the 12v outlet right beside it to be live all the time. Just rewire them both directly from the battery with a fuse, of course. I and others have written about doing this a search should bring the thread up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My radio can be turned on by pressing the volume button with out the key in the ignition it will stay on for 20 minutes. I have optional radio with the backup camera

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Is there any way to get an accessory position on the ignition switch? I'm an expeditor and sitting sometimes without a Radio really sucks. The auxiliary plugs all go dead as we'll. leaving a cell phone plugged in for a charge can't happen without it running. Has anyone figured out how to do this?
I think Chrysler should rethink this, because I too find it very annoying that the USB/12V outlets don't work if the motor is off. I mean, if I want to recharge my cell phone or my computer, there is no way I would discharge my battery, so why not let me do it?

Of course, one can rewire the outlets, but I would fear it would void the warranty, should an electrical problem arises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts