Ram Promaster Forum banner

Accessing the console switch area over the drink holders

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HVAC SuperTech 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum today and I only have one burning question...How do I access under the center console to put in an isolator defeat switch? I removed the cup holder and removed the 4 screws that look like they would be holding the panel, but it doesn't give. This is a bucket seat auto version with the upgraded appearance group. Any help would be appreciated!
Promaster 1500 118" Low roof.

Regards,
Jim Lofgren, Seattle.

#2 · (Edited)
Besides the screws under the cup holder there are two screws on the top of the plastic panel (hidden under the matching black plastic plugs) just take them out and the panel pulls off. there are some clips in back also but if you give it a good yank it will pop right out.

#6 ·
It looks as if the OP removed all the screws from the bottom and top but from the way he wrote it it seemed as if he found 4 screws on the bottom to remove and missed the 2 top ones. It's been a long time since I took mine out so I assumed he missed the 2 top screws. If you have removed the top and bottom screws then all that needs to be done is pull it towards you and it should pop off but as I said I haven't removed it in quite a while.

#7 ·
Theres only 4 on mine. Two on top and two under the cup holders. Once removed, pull on the panel and it will come out. Its snapped in there pretty good, but it does remove. I have had mine out 4 times doing various things/mods

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.