Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start insulating the PM. I think I'm going to use Reflectix and Rigid foam board for insulation. I was wondering which material should go down first the Reflectix or the foam board? I was planning on using the 3M 90 adhesive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers PM'sters

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
There are many good ways to insulate, but my opinion and that of many here: with polyiso rigid foam board, you can forget the Reflectix. It's only true benefit is reflective, and foil-faced polyiso covers that, too. Also note any reflective benefit requires an air space. Many folks using other insulation methods (Thinsulate, etc) forego reflective all together. As a newbie once myself, I initially gravitated toward Reflectix because it's readily available at Home Depot (etc) and it's cheap. Reading this forum helped immensely.

·
Super Moderator
9,236 Posts
Others (I) would say NO it’s a waste of time and money but it’s your time and money so do as you please. If you have a half decent heater it will make no difference at all but if you need AC it might help a bit.

Reactions: RV8R

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I would say the insulating the forehead is worth while because I can cook a pizza in that storage area if the sun is beating on it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
IMO;

Delete the Reflectix

Polyiso @ walls & ceilings

XPS on the floor

& I’m with KOV about the cab roof (won’t help heat retention much with consideration of all that glass). Cooling - not sure as not the climate we are usually in.

edit; maybe if @GaryBIS was not so busy with his Backyard Dinosaur he would have the cab roof insulation cooling test results out by now 🤔

1 - 6 of 6 Posts