Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum Members,
I'm ready to buy a PM to convert to a simple camper. I found two 2500 (2014), both gas. One is a 136" WB with 8000 km, the other a 159" WB with 500 km.
Now, I don't know which one to go for. Price difference is only about $CDN 500. The shorter has more options since it was a demo unit. Will the shorter one give me enough room for a meaningful conversion? I can't just go and have a look at them, since both are several 100 km away.
We are just the 2 of us and like to travel mostly to National Parks or beaches, not so much to cities. Eventually our son with wife and two boys would like to borrow the unit once a while in that case 159" would certainly be better.
Please help me make up my mind. Thank you Victor

·
Super Moderator
10,225 Posts
This is not an easy decision. I have a 159 and wish it was even longer for camping but it's also my everyday driver and for that purpose it's almost to long. Some people with 136's feel it's long enough however but for more than two people even a 159 is tight in my opinion. Price isn't really a consideration in your case but what will suit you the best over the long run. If you are going to camp a lot go for the 159 if you are going to just drive a lot go for the 136 with more options depending on how valuable those option will truly end up making the van more enjoyable. We all have different comfort levels and needs.

I would suggest yo take an hour to drive the 100kms and give them both a good look over and testing. In the long run it will be the best drive you ever took!

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Dealer made mistake while ordering ! He forgot to pot on order option "Ext"
What stands for Extended. So I got 159" WB. I am happy with it, but it will be better if I have Extended wersion. Yes in a city parking extended will not fit into single parking lot, but I do live in a village. Most of a time I drive to parks where is no parking restriction.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Victor, is city parking isn't an issue then get the 159. I have always found you can never have enough room bigger is better when it comes to these things. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
A 159" would give you room for real seating in the back or behind the front seats and still have camping possibilities. A 136 could work but you would have to carefully work out the seating and conversion so the daytime seats would be safe and reasonable and the night conversion utilize the seats somehow. Draw something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts