Ram Promaster Forum banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Thank you for the compliments! I have really enjoyed my van and the whole build process. Feel free to reach out to me, always happy to help, and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Meeting up with my folks and dad showing off new Toyo tires.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Wow, Wow, Wow! You have some serious talent! I read through the entire thread! Absolutely amazing! As stupid as it sounds, my favorite part was the rear hotchkiss axle mod. I hate that ugly thing dangling under there! Makes the van look cheap. I would seriously be interested in having that done to my van. How many beers would it take?! LOL
Is it holding up well after all that time?
Thanks for sharing your build. I know it takes time and effort to post and narrate everything.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Thanks! I’ve got almost 50,000 miles on the axle modification. Seems to be holding up fine, I haven’t noticed anything adverse as far as tire wear or driving stability.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Awesome! Would you consider modding these? I would be happy to source/send you a rear axle to be modded and I would swap mine. My wife and I are road warriors and the drive from AZ to Idaho would be fun. That is one state I haven't been to. That rear bar is the only real thing I hate about this van. I guess I could hang some kind of rubber mat behind it to somewhat hide it. Like a large mud flap of sorts.
Either way, your fabrication skills are just stellar!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Awesome! Would you consider modding these? I would be happy to source/send you a rear axle to be modded and I would swap mine. My wife and I are road warriors and the drive from AZ to Idaho would be fun. That is one state I haven't been to. That rear bar is the only real thing I hate about this van. I guess I could hang some kind of rubber mat behind it to somewhat hide it. Like a large mud flap of sorts.
Either way, your fabrication skills are just stellar!
Thanks for the compliment! Sourcing an axle and then modifying would be ideal because it could be powder coated. But it would be a big job to swap everything over. I just did the mod while it was in the van. PM me and we can talk more.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Dad decided to go to the Gulf for Christmas.

The motorcycle swing out worked great for him as well.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
I can find an axle and my dealer would install it after modding it which would save me time. They do me alot of favors since I do them alot of electrical work!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Worked on Dads van today. Reinforced the trailer hitch to the frame to prevent flex when hauling a trailer and did the axle modification. He was so excited about how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Try pointing the van to the WEST. I have a compass.

Reactions: baitbegger44##

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I made a bracket today that holds my Jetboil on the end of the table.

It seems like we use this all the time while we are out camping, this helps it be stable and lowers it for my wife.

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
I love my Jetboils for desert 4WD camping and use the Java kit there for coffee (or the aeropress) however I discourage any of my friends from using them inside due to their tall and somewhat unstable bases (even with the plastic legs). I appreciate your innovation but since I have gotten a butane stovetop I do not carry the Jetboil in the van. Butane is cheaper, the stove more stable, more suited to any pot, and better to control the heat BUT not as fast to boil a container of water. The Jetboil is about as fast as you can get! At first I thought the Butane stove a bit Asian-cheap but time has convinced me.
DoorSideGalley.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
For some crazy reason, I actually have 3 stoves in the van. I have the Jetboil for water, the Jetboil HalfGen for countertop cooking that I made to hook on the side of the counter, and a Colman Fold and Go for BBQ outside cooking. Crazy.

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Well I guess I do too?? Who would have thought it. Colman fold ’n Go grill for the picnic table, the butane Asia cooktop, and my ancient Svea just in case I decide to do an overnight hike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's been a while since the last update. I've been camping a few times now with the new heater and after sorting out a few things, it's been working well.
A couple of the issues was that the muffler fell apart and I had to weld it back together.

The tubes on both ends came out. Also, I put an intake filter on it and ended up ripping the guts out of it because it was constricted the air flow too much.

Lastly, I've got to source a new thermostat because the one that came with the heater is junk. It hard to read and use.
The other thing I've been working on has been my bed system. Here is what I've built so far. Still have to install the wood panels and doors.

The next step is to build the hammock/cot that hangs above the bed for my kids.

Did you get the fold out couches from a toy hauler too?

121 - 140 of 151 Posts