Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
The awnings are made out of a ripstop nylon that has a urethane coating to help with water repellency. I usually stand in my door and slide the tarp into the channel, and there is a stop at the end of the channel at the back of the fan to prevent the tarp from sliding out the other end. The aluminum channel is called Keder and is attached using 3M UHB tape. On my van, the prototype, I actually used screws to attach the aluminum channel and on dads we used the 3M.
How custom can things get with Dragonfly tarps? I'm hoping I can get some specific colors and a pattern that I'm looking for. A tarp is a ways off for me, but I like having a plan.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
How custom can things get with Dragonfly tarps? I'm hoping I can get some specific colors and a pattern that I'm looking for. A tarp is a ways off for me, but I like having a plan.
Very custom. If you have a shape, size, color, fabric, etc in mind, they can build it for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Ziggy, I can vouch for the quality of Dragon Fly Tarps..Matt was great to deal with and really flexible on colours etc. he even made getting the tarp to Canada a painless process :) can't wait to fit it to my van (if it ever arrives, 8 weeks and counting *sighs*).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey Ziggy, I can vouch for the quality of Dragon Fly Tarps..Matt was great to deal with and really flexible on colours etc. he even made getting the tarp to Canada a painless process :) can't wait to fit it to my van (if it ever arrives, 8 weeks and counting *sighs*).
I just sent a note to Dragon Fly to inquire about a tarp for my van. Thanks.
Shaun

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just sent a note to Dragon Fly to inquire about a tarp for my van. Thanks.
Shaun
Shaun, if you can find a way to collect the tarp from the US rather than having it shipped to your door I would do it...I just got hammered for duty and tax by UPS...not a fault of Matt's at all, just the usual border crap :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
T-Shirts

Lastly, I've have been wanting to show off my Promaster pride and buy a t-shirt to wear. I couldn't find one so I made my own.

That's all for now.
Oh, that would make a good Christmas present. Do you have any more T-Shirts? Could we order one?

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Or this one on eBay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vans both look great! You guys are talented craftsman!

Question on the front lift spacers. What type of material did you use to make them? Also, how are the ride characteristics? Wondering if the van sways with the front lifted or not. Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It's been a while since the last update. I've been camping a few times now with the new heater and after sorting out a few things, it's been working well.
A couple of the issues was that the muffler fell apart and I had to weld it back together.

The tubes on both ends came out. Also, I put an intake filter on it and ended up ripping the guts out of it because it was constricted the air flow too much.

Lastly, I've got to source a new thermostat because the one that came with the heater is junk. It hard to read and use.
The other thing I've been working on has been my bed system. Here is what I've built so far. Still have to install the wood panels and doors.

The next step is to build the hammock/cot that hangs above the bed for my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks! I really enjoy welding. I'm planning on welding framework for all of my cabinets in the van and use 3/4" birch plywood for all of the panels and doors. We used the bed this weekend camping in the parking lot of a ski area and it worked great.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It's been a while since my last post. Both Dad and I have been diligently working on the vans. I don't have any updated pictures for dad's van to post today, but here are a couple of mine.

Kitchen area

Side steps in progress

Remodel of a Topper rack

Thank goodness for a fork lift.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I wanted to have the roof rack tight to the van. The Topper mountain are 4" high, I played around with a couple of designs to get it lower, quieter, and more "aerodynamic"

The one on the right is what I ended up using. All boxed in.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is a great build thread, lots of interesting ideas without spending too much money, a real inspiration, thanks for sharing!

41 - 60 of 121 Posts