Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 3500ext Gas - VA
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work today following a minivan with a vanity plate that read "PATIWGN" and I thought that if my name was Patrick or even Paddington, that I could could have named my van similarly.

I, of course, choose VanCave... or rather it was chosen for me by one of my wife's friends who stopped by the house one day and seeing me sweating away while working in a poorly lit van, joked... "I see you are in your Van Cave"

VanCave wasn't my favorite name but it stuck... a variant of the term Man Cave which wikipedia defines as "a metaphor describing a room... where 'guys can do as they please', without fear of upsetting any female sensibility about house decor or design." which pretty much sums up my diy camper build.

Given the range of interesting personalities we have on this forum, I thought this might be an interesting/entertaining and light hearted thread.... so:

What did you name your van, and why?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm sure we've done this before, but I'm up for another round...

We rambled through various name ideas for our van before we got it. And then for awhile afterwards too. Nothing stuck.

Then it came when we were discussing the layout designs. Building it for her to take the dogs to agility event weekends, and for me to take to cycling weekends. We've also long joked about going out to eat from agility events (more so on dog show events) and everyone is comfortable talking about 'bitches' in reference to their dogs; fun to watch the public's reaction to that.

So the van would be used for bikes or bitches.

Thus we ended up with BoB. ;)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Shiny obviously because it's silver, but it's also Firefly (sci-fi TV show) slang for cool

And now thanks to the grandkids, it's full name is Shiny the Sleep Sheep. Sheep as in RAM.

MM, we've both been saying "Hi-hoe Silver" since we were kids. Never saw it in print before. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
We choose ROAM. When in Roam... It captured what we intend to do more than anything. We recognize it doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as others but it works. We sometimes call it Roamin'.
It came partially out of the fact that we could make it out of the RAM 2500. The emblems now read ROAM.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased mine, and this is literally my first post, and we haven't settled on a name yet. I bought it in CT on a bit of a lark and drove it back to WA in 4 days, during which time I had a lot of time to think about it.

My brothers suggested "Darth Vander" (vander is part of my last name) and I do like it, but I was listening to the Game of Thrones books on tape while I drove, and in it there is a character (Euron Greyjoy) who has an all black ship named Silence, so named not only for its quiet approach on unsuspecting vessels, but also because all of his crew are mute. The figurehead on the bow of the ship is a carved ebony woman with no mouth, and the Greyjoy sigil is a golden kraken on a black field, both of which I think would be super cool to incorporate into the van somehow.

Anyway, "Darth Vander" or "Silence", it's a big black van, and I think it scares my fiancee a little, so it definitely needs kind of a dark and scary name, just haven't figured it out yet. I really like all the ideas I'm seeing here though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts