Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,546 Posts
Welcome!

I would suggest that the project will take longer than you plan, and cost more than you planned.... but, other than that. it's lots of fun an you get to be very creative.

I've been thinking (for a long time!) about how to put a set of pocket doors at the back of my 159 van to separate the last 2-1/2 feet... the light bulbs went off today... it might even work!

Enjoy,
Ed

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
proeddie, just trade that stretched job in for a 136.

flyfisher, Ouestions? What questions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first hurdle. I purchased my Promaster without a passenger seat. The passenger airbags were deactivated at the factory. I figured I would add a seat and have the air bags reactivated. I bought a used promaster seat online. When i went to my local authorized dealer it all blown up in my face. The dealer said they are not allowed to turn the passenger side air bags on. And they could not even sale me the new seat assy. Any one have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
(866) 726-4836 Ram Customer Assistance. You may be caught in a Catch 22 situation. If they could sell you the seat they would HAVE to install/activate the wire harness for the airbag. BTW does the passenger side even HAVE an airbag? It might not in which case it is hopeless until the salvage industry can supply all the parts.

I know this is not what you want but airbags are a fairly recent addition to autos and I have driven most of my life without them. Many early ones would kill you as well. A properly used seat and shoulder belt which you should be able to get is great protection and in 1994 would have been state of the art. BTW in that year I bought my last new vehicle a Ford Explorer in part to avoid the 1995 airbag installs and all the anxiety of siting behind a small bomb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I did get to speak with PM service. They said they would have do some research :| They took my information and said they will call back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have a source for the bolts that hold the seat base to the floor? Two standard bolts up front and two bolts in the back that the seat slides into.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I may be able to let you know in a couple of days. I just got the seat swivels from Eurocamper and you take out the existing bolts that hold the seat to the base as part of the install. Other option, is to remove one of the 4 you have on your seat to find out. I think they are T40 heads.
He's looking for the rear bolts that hold the base to the floor, not the seat to the base bolts.

It's the two funky looking ones...

I looked too and couldn't find them listed anywhere.

·
Registered
102 Posts
seat lugs

Try, ebay.uk
There is a section, in parts, that says breaking.
This means they are tearing them apart.
Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts