Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knew? If it's below freezing when you start up the PM, a message comes on the IP saying "Caution, road may be icy" or something like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The first time I saw it , I thought " Gee, thanks, Captain obvious".
When it gets over 100, will it say " Caution heat stroke possible"

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder what the history of this little message is. Do all mopars do this? Is it a european thing? Are there more? Can i program my own? Do they think this will save them a lawsuit? Could i set the ecu to show me this in spanish? So many questions!

·
Registered
549 Posts
The first time I saw it , I thought " Gee, thanks, Captain obvious".

I'm pretty sure its function isn't to alert you to the temperature outside, where you were just standing prior to getting in the truck. It can warn you of when the temperature has dropped to a freezing point as you are in the truck and have been driving with the heat on for a few hours, and may not have known otherwise that the roads could be getting slippery.

I've got an ice alert on my motorcycle, and I find its a handy feature.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wonder what the history of this little message is. Do all mopars do this? Is it a european thing? Are there more? Can i program my own? Do they think this will save them a lawsuit? Could i set the ecu to show me this in spanish? So many questions!
I have a 2009 Chev 2500HD and it shows up on my dash when it's cold enough to freeze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts