1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
So we can buy this Pro Master:

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Sounds like a great idea for both parties: FCC gets technology form Renault (electric and self-driven cars) and Renault gets a network of dealers in North America.

Hope it happens and we can get the Renault Trafic, a very fine van. Here's a raving review on the Trafic:

https://www.caradvice.com.au/654965/2018-renault-trafic-swb-103-review/

Diesel motor, rated at 6.2L/100 km. That's 38 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Dream on it won't happen. Fca already has vans in N.A why add competition to your fleet. The diesel would be nice but in a small van elec is more likely.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Dream on it won't happen. Fca already has vans in N.A why add competition to your fleet. The diesel would be nice but in a small van elec is more likely.

The Trafic would fit nicely between the PM and the City. As it is right now, FCA pretty much leaves the passenger van market to the Ford Transit, so I not convinced it would be a bad thing for the PM. Also, Renault has a van very similar the the Promaster, the Boxer. I don't think they would have introduced the Trafic if they tough is was a redundant product with the Boxer.

The Renault Trafic:

The Renault Boxer:

Pretty much a PM, hey?

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
Doesn’t that Renault have a Peugeot Lion icon on the hood? I think the Renault has the Master I showed before in 2wd.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Doesn’t that Renault have a Peugeot Lion icon on the hood? I think the Renault has the Master I showed before in 2wd.

You're right, RDinNHandAZ, The Renault equivalent to the PM is indeed the Master:

So, who knows, the next version of the PM might be based on the Master ;)

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
I agree with KilWerBzz, we won’t see that van but for a different reason. The chicken tax. To avoid it, the Renault Master would have to replace the Promaster in the assembly plant in Saltillo MX. The rest of Mexico and countries south get the “real” ducato in diesel with a manual transmission now. It would be easy to sell the Master there. There is no way a changeover would make sense for car companies short of cash for just Canada and the US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts