Ram Promaster Forum banner

A Great Work Van!

8K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  carryon 
#1 ·
Hello, I am learning all I can right now about the new ProMaster this seems to be the work van I have been waiting for right now I have a 2004 Ford E-150 and have the power group and have it all set up they way I want but one thing I want to STAND UP not crawl around also ready for a new design that is one thing I really like in this van. I will have a few questions for all you owners as I want know some more Thank You Dave, Bridges Electric.

#2 ·
Welcome Dave! I'm sure you've discovered that finding real world info on the net is somewhat challenging with the PM being so new. Feel free to ask questions. The more info that we can put here the better for anybody else who may also have interest! I took delivery of my PM last Thursday and I'm also using mine for work, so if I can be of help I'll do what I can!

#6 ·
Welcome! Promaster= lower cost/lower height/low floor height/ low center of gravity
/front wheel drive and maintenance is most likely 2x less than the sprinter.
Any thing from a "High End" Mercedes dealer is going to cost big time.

#7 ·
Hello this is my first contact, I will pick up my 3500 ext in three days. I wonder if anyone has fitted a ramp? As a finish carpenter, I anticipate lots of trips with the miter saw with stand and the table saw, these may make a ramp a necessary. Also, any comments on adding cargo lighting?
Thanks, Greg.

#9 ·
Greg,
I have some heavy wheeled equipment that I have to drag in and out. I picked up an aluminum ramp from the Chinese Tool Emporium (aka Harbor Freight) for $129 that is perfect. I fold it up and stand it up against the cab bulkhead and strap it in place and it works perfect.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1200-lb-capacity-convertible-aluminum-loading-ramp-94057.html

For lighting, I picked up a couple of LED strip lights. I have not installed them yet, but will splice into the existing light wiring.

#8 ·
Welcome rpm. I'm a electrical contractor also and currently have a sprinter. I had regular cargo vans but since being able to stand and not crawl on my knees I'll never go back to a regular van. Whether you get a used sprinter or new pm you will not regret it. Your knees will thank you too. Another bonus is being able to stand and take a leak in the back when job sites don't have bathrooms lol.
I'm gonna get a new pm or transit this year. I'll never go back to a sprinter. Always breaking down and very expensive. Not to mention trying to find mechanics who know how to work on them.

#12 ·
That link is showing unavailable. Here's another option that I know some guys have been using in sprinters. Its a ribbon tape of led. Super reasonable pricing!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Flexible-LED-Ribbon-2026ww-31k/dp/B002QQ48TK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354671857&sr=8-2&keywords=LED+TAPE[/ame]

#13 ·
That link is showing unavailable. Here's another option that I know some guys have been using in sprinters. Its a ribbon tape of led. Super reasonable pricing!

http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesaler...=UTF8&qid=1354671857&sr=8-2&keywords=LED+TAPE
I have some of that which I used to make some brake lights for a motorcycle trunk. It is not quite as bright but really easy to install (peel and stick) and you can run more pretty easy to compensate. I thought about that down the top rails of both sides for light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.