Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo, I'm from Italy, but I own also a company in the USA...
In Italy I use a Ducato 2.3 mjt diesel with 150 hp.
I like automotive technology and if you want to know something more about the european vans, you can ask...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Vale72

Are you concerned about the Euro 6 emissions standards, and the effects it may have on your diesel engines, as far as maintenance and repair costs of the components required to meet those standards.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome Vale!

I have a question, is the 180 Multijet available with the manual only transmission, or is the only transmission available the automated clutch manual?

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
DennisV:
here in Europe we are really concerned by the reliability of the new Euro 6 engines, but for the commercial van in Europe the diesel is the only way to save money on the fuel. Somebody will switch to the natural gas, but I dont think they will reintroduce the gas engines on the big vans.
Here the diesel engine are also not so expensive as in USA... 4000 $ more then the gas version is a really big difference...
Keithwwalker:
the 3.0 liter mjt is equipped also with a completely manual transmission.
Haulin:
My Ducato is a van, but there are many used for passengers. They are often with an extra air conditioning system on the roof and lifting sistems for people on wheelchairs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2OrpNhO5-E
Some are used as school bus, with little chairs and electric doors.
Probably the Ducato/Boxer/Jumper is the 2nd passenger van in Europe after Mercedes Sprinter.
It's comfortable. The Sprinter is more used on long distances. The Ducato is more used in urban context, because is easier to drive in the urban situation.
For the same reason the Ducato is often used as ambulance: it maybe less lasting than the Sprinter, but is faster in urban environment as emergency vehicle.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the moment everything is ok. There were some noises coming from the doors panels raising the radio volume, but they fixed them during the warranty.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is the Ducato still available with a gasser engine back there in Europe? Last one I saw with a gasser was a 2nd-gen Ducato 8 with the 2.0L 8-valve DOHC engine shared with the Fiat Tempra...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts