Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,142 Posts
On my Promaster uconnect5 you simply hold down the A or B button to reset it. It beeps and goes back to zero.

·
Banned
66 Posts
There is a button on the end of the right side stalk (wipers) that will cycle the one line display on the small EVIC screen (in between the tach and speedo) thru the trip meter information and the date and range. When any of the values for a trip are displayed you can hold the button to reset the trip info for that trip.

On the UConnect 5 radio, press the "more" button and then select trip you can then select A or B and see the trip values. Holding the A or B on the touchscreen will reset the values.

I usually keep the range displayed on the EVIC and use the radio display to see the trip info.

There is a setting to remove the trip B info from the EVIC in the radio settings somewhere. Then the button on the end of the right lever would just cycle thru the A trip info on the EVIC.

All of our vehicles have the UConnect radio, so I don't know the details of this for a vehicle without the UConnect.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a button on the end of the right side stalk (wipers) that will cycle the one line display on the small EVIC screen (in between the tach and speedo) thru the trip meter information and the date and range. When any of the values for a trip are displayed you can hold the button to reset the trip info for that trip.

On the UConnect 5 radio, press the "more" button and then select trip you can then select A or B and see the trip values. Holding the A or B on the touchscreen will reset the values.

I usually keep the range displayed on the EVIC and use the radio display to see the trip info.

There is a setting to remove the trip B info from the EVIC in the radio settings somewhere. Then the button on the end of the right lever would just cycle thru the A trip info on the EVIC.

All of our vehicles have the UConnect radio, so I don't know the details of this for a vehicle without the UConnect.
Okay, but what determines when they start and stop? Or if A or B is supposed to be on or off?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Both count up miles from the last reset. Displaying A on the EVIC (my van has UC3) and holding the button on the stalk resets that. Displaying B and holding the button on the stalk resets that. Once reset they begin the count again. They start when the tires move and they stop when the tires stop. They're trip meters for elapsed mileage.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both count up miles from the last reset. Displaying A on the EVIC (my van has UC3) and holding the button on the stalk resets that. Displaying B and holding the button on the stalk resets that. Once reset they begin the count again. They start when the tires move and they stop when the tires stop. They're trip meters for elapsed mileage.

So will they continue to count up as long as they are not reset? The ignition does not reset?

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
409 Posts
Correct - they both run at the same time. That way, you can do things like use A to record the whole trip, and B to record just the day (assuming you remember to reset B in the morning, which I tend to forget to do).

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I use B for the economy by the tank. Fill up till the nozzle clicks off, zero out trip B, drive, refill to the nozzle shutoff, and now you have the actual miles traveled and the actual gallons used. Divide miles by gallons and you get miles per gallon. This will usually be 1mpg worse than the computer thinks, due to how the instant mpg is calculated.

I use trip A for the total miles for the week. But my other van uses it for time since last oil change. Since it gives you the hours the engine has been running and the average speed, you could use it for a true engine hours oil change schedule.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use B for the economy by the tank. Fill up till the nozzle clicks off, zero out trip B, drive, refill to the nozzle shutoff, and now you have the actual miles traveled and the actual gallons used. Divide miles by gallons and you get miles per gallon. This will usually be 1mpg worse than the computer thinks, due to how the instant mpg is calculated.

I use trip A for the total miles for the week. But my other van uses it for time since last oil change. Since it gives you the hours the engine has been running and the average speed, you could use it for a true engine hours oil change schedule.

Thanks for the useful tips.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,499 Posts
You don't really need these to do a mileage check. I keep a small notebook with pen on the dash. Each fill-up gets recorded with date, location, odometer, gallons. There are columns for miles since last fill and mpg which I calculate when I want to. This also makes it easy to calculate at will the mileage or mpg since any given point. If I were anal, I could include a price column.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You don't really need these to do a mileage check. I keep a small notebook with pen on the dash. Each fill-up gets recorded with date, location, odometer, gallons. There are columns for miles since last fill and mpg which I calculate when I want to. This also makes it easy to calculate at will the mileage or mpg since any given point. If I were anal, I could include a price column.

Coming from a person who is, it seems you in fact do also qualify.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whoa. I just had a flash of how quickly a little pad of paper would get lost in that thing. In the top consul, the weird vertical cupholder on the door, the weird angled cupholder on the side, under the seat, squashed beneath the backseats after fold up....

Anal? I prefer to say irrationally organized. I wouldn't mind a touch of that.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,499 Posts
This works only because we are almost always both in the van when it is filled. One drives off as the other records. As to anal, MrNomer insists on keeping all receipts. I store them in the book and give them to him 10,000 miles at a time in a zip-loc bag. I never see them again, and I suspect he doesn't either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts