Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has made a raised bed platform using 80/20? I am currently weighing options for different bed designs and really like the idea of a light and strong full span platform bed. Just not sure how to attach it to the horizontal supports or if this would be a bad idea.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has made a raised bed platform using 80/20? I am currently weighing options for different bed designs and really like the idea of a light and strong full span platform bed. Just not sure how to attach it to the horizontal supports or if this would be a bad idea.

I was planning on doing the same until I read “another elevated bed platform on this forum. I think it’s a much lighter and cheaper way to go and it’s plenty strong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning on doing the same until I read “another elevated bed platform on this forum. I think it’s a much lighter and cheaper way to go and it’s plenty strong.

Wow. That looks awesome. I love how it stores away.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow. That looks awesome. I love how it stores away.

I wish I could take credit for the idea of using ATV ramps but I got it from this forum. I do like how they store easy and each panel with the plywood top only weighs 32 pounds. For cost and strength you will have a hard time finding something better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered a bunch of 40 series from Orange aluminum (same as 80/20), metric 40mm planning to use it for boxing wheels and doing an elevated bed. Plan calls for bed to fit above two dirt bikes in the rear of 136 HR. I want the bed to go up to the ceiling for storage. Van is not as wide up top so still thinking through the details...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts