Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I am currently in the market for a ProMaster 2500 high top. I have been looking for several years but I am finally at the point that I can no longer justify making repairs to my current work truck. I was at the dealer yesterday and the have a van that will pretty much fit my needs except there is an option for “ 77 MPH Maximum speed”. The sales rep could not give me much info, and I have not been able to find out much online. This is a different option than “Speed Control” which I saw discussed on another thread. I believe with Speed control you can set an alarm to go off at a certain speed. With regards to the “77 MPH” As the name implies I would guess that this is a speed govoner - 2 questions if someone can confirm that it is indeed a governor or if not what it is. And the second question is if it is govoner is it something that can be turned on/off or disabled by the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Pretty sure that these are dealer configurable settings. I just got the AlfaOBD software and an OBD Solutions LX101 scan tool. (Still waiting on the "yellow" adapter, so I have not been able to use them yet).
Anyway the software lists a "Speed Limiter Present" and "Over Speed Warning".
Be aware that the "Speed Limiter" value is probably determined by the speed rating of the tires on the vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That option (as well as some even slower ones) has been in the fleet brochure all along. It does say that it is “dealer activated”, which would imply that either you won’t have to worry if they have not activated it, or if they have activated it, that they can turn it off for you. The dealer should be able to research it, especially if it’s going to get them a sale.

·
Registered
2021 118 low roof Red
39 Posts
You can set any speed alert you want , on board procedure . If your concerned about a 77:mph govoner , Test Drive it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
That option (as well as some even slower ones) has been in the fleet brochure all along. It does say that it is “dealer activated”, which would imply that either you won’t have to worry if they have not activated it, or if they have activated it, that they can turn it off for you. The dealer should be able to research it, especially if it’s going to get them a sale.
Thank you - that is very helpful.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't see this on my old 14. I've had it up to 80 in a pinch to pass on the interstate. I don't keep it there as I can feel the gas gauge going down at that speed! I'm more a 65 to 70 guy on the interstate.

Reactions: Deryn
1 - 10 of 10 Posts