Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Someone on this forum posted a link to a 700 watt induction cooktop , but i cant find it anymore .

Also wondering if a 1000 watt puresine inverter would power this?

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
After you buy the extra batteries and inverter you must to tun it you have spent hundreds of dollars to use one. Why would you care about price. Smaller wattage for sure but don’t bother to cheap out as you are going to pay in other ways. I see the OP didn’t try to cheap out just find one.

·
Registered
808 Posts
RD,

It's not a question of cheaping-out. To my knowledge this is the only induction cooktop available under 1000 watts in the US.

There are 800 watt units specifically made for RVs available in Australia from Ecoheat, but they are 240 VAC.

https://www.ecopot.com.au/Contents/Page/Induction

IIRC, Hein was the first to mention the Elite unit on the forum. I happened to find it on sale at Newegg and posted a link. It's cheap, but it works. It doesn't have an off-switch, and the quality probably isn't the greatest. But at around $12, I bought a spare.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a Sunpentown Sr-964T model that I purchased from Walmart for $50 (At that time it was labeled a Mr. Induction"). It's a 1300w burner, but it has adjustable settings so you can run it from 100w all the way to 1300w. It works perfectly on my 1000w Prowatt Pure Sine Wave inverter, but I have not tried pushing it up to max (I've had no reason to as it works fine at the lower settings). The display shows you the actual wattage you are using and it's pretty much dead on when compared to my Watt meter.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,546 Posts
After you buy the extra batteries and inverter you must to tun it you have spent hundreds of dollars to use one. Why would you care about price. Smaller wattage for sure but don’t bother to cheap out as you are going to pay in other ways. I see the OP didn’t try to cheap out just find one.
RD,

I bought a brand name induction cooktop with an adjustable wattage setting. It did not get along with my HF not-pure-sine-wave 2000w inverter. Continuous error messages and no heat.

I bought the cheapo version discussed here and it works well with the same inverter!

whatta deal....

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Well
i’ll be darned- when I say “Spend less" it turns out there are lots of reasons to spend more and when I say “Spend more” the cheaper one is better! I can’t win, Im going back to bed.

·
Registered
260 Posts
We have the new version of the NewWave PIC (Titanium) and you can select 600, 900 or 1800 watts.

We use the 600 or 900 watt setting when using our 1000 watt pure sine inverter and we use the 1800 watt setting when on shore power or at home

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,546 Posts
We have the new version of the NewWave PIC (Titanium) and you can select 600, 900 or 1800 watts.

We use the 600 or 900 watt setting when using our 1000 watt pure sine inverter and we use the 1800 watt setting when on shore power or at home
Nice unit! That's the one that didn't get along with my HF 2000W not-pure-sine-wave inverter!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,544 Posts
The purple Elite induction burner is still available at Newegg for $14. Besides its small footprint, another advantage for use in the van is that there is a slight lip around the cook surface. This means that the pan does not slide off the surface which is never level. The 4 setting, about 380W, is perfect for omelets.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,544 Posts
I can no longer recommend this Elite burner for van use. I tried to use it in Alaska, but got an error message that there was a loose connection. When I got home, I found that the coil had completely broken off from the base—all three attachments were completely broken. I can only surmise that it couldn’t handle washboard roads.

i will be on the lookout for a more durable compact single burner.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My first induction cooktop was a Copper Chef, which looks really good one my Copper Sunset quartz countertops, but I hate it! Its on-time (i.e. pulse) is way too long and is always at full power. Bad for controlling temperature and very bad in the van, where I am trying to conserve power.
So for the van I bought a Duxtop 1800W which lets you cook by per cent of power, so I always know about how much current it is drawing. Plus it has a very short pulse, which means temperature settings are very well maintained. Short of buying a professional grade unit, I highly recommend the Duxtop.
I bought a refurbished one from Amazon, which is currently out of stock.

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT
2,455 Posts
Hello Someone on this forum posted a link to a 700 watt induction cooktop , but i cant find it anymore .

Also wondering if a 1000 watt puresine inverter would power this?
we bought this one from Canadian Tire; You can dial in the watts 300W to 1800W

@ 1800W the thing is very fast to heat up

·
Registered
260 Posts
The Renogy 1000w pure sine inverter came with 2 cables to connect the inverter to my batteries. They are 4awg about 18 -24 inches long. The 10 awg wire for grounding the inverter doesn't carry any of the dc battery current.

My inverter has hard wire connections for the AC output (no outlet on the inverter) and I used 14awg 3 conductor stranded wire to connect to a 15 amp breaker in my AC panel.

I used a 15 amp breaker instead of something smaller because I have a transfer switch so I can use the same circuits when connected to shore power.

·
Premium Member
2018 - 136" HR
169 Posts
Just poking my 2 cents in.

I bought a Duxtop induction burner off Amazon (1800W) and it's been UH-MAZING to have. Super efficient, you can dial it down real low. I'll cook diner and heat water for dishes with using maybe 5% SOC.

I have a 2K inverter so I know that model may not fit the bill for everyone, but it sure has been great to have. Still use butane burner half the time, many times I'm using both for a big dinner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Renogy 1000w pure sine inverter came with 2 cables to connect the inverter to my batteries. They are 4awg about 18 -24 inches long. The 10 awg wire for grounding the inverter doesn't carry any of the dc battery current.

My inverter has hard wire connections for the AC output (no outlet on the inverter) and I used 14awg 3 conductor stranded wire to connect to a 15 amp breaker in my AC panel.

I used a 15 amp breaker instead of something smaller because I have a transfer switch so I can use the same circuits when connected to shore power.
Thanks.i had just heard stories about this unit tripping under 1000w, and assumed it was due to a poor install or undersized cables. I am wiring one up direct to a dedicated outlet (not to the main panel or the rest of the 110v system to avoid the transfer switch). I think i have a 135A bussmann breaker for the DC side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts