Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally eliminated lakes on a roof behind squear raise-up designated for air-vent or a hatch.

STORY = after few weeks in May 2015 of my owner-ship found moisture condensation on a roof.
If I do not drive my PM in a summer time water stands for a half a day.
In a winter time water stays for a few days !!!!!
Standing water creates SWAMPS and FROGS too

Work process; 5mm straps of a ply-wood glued with "Liqued-Nails". Then next day sealed with white paintable silicone.

Future project : To get whole ROOF without bumps or deeps :D

Attachments

Reactions: Dane

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Watched your videos on youtube, uNik. :)

You are a pretty crazy guy.

Please take it as compliment.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watched your videos on youtube, uNik. :)

You are a pretty crazy guy.

Please take it as compliment.
Thanks Man (GuyT),
back to Subject; =Water is GOOD for my body:)

But, NOT for my vans body. Yesterday after white silicone (paintable) dry, I painted wooden straps with sun-shine-reflective siliconiser paint designed for a roofs painting. I will eliminate ALL DEEPS on my PM roof. After all deep holes is done, I will glue 1/4 inch ply-wood and surly paint it with reflective paint. Same work I on a roof I made to my working trailer in 2011y and paint with ply-wood stands well. Will be posting pix of my progress.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Yesterday after white silicone (paintable) dry, I painted wooden straps with sun-shine-reflective siliconiser paint designed for a roofs painting. I will eliminate ALL DEEPS on my PM roof. After all deep holes is done, I will glue 1/4 inch ply-wood and surly paint it with reflective paint. Same work I on a roof I made to my working trailer in 2011y and paint with ply-wood stands well. Will be posting pix of my progress.
You're sure about that? I would be afraid that water infiltrates and make things worst.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would be concerned about doing something like this. If even the slightest bit of moisture gets in - and nothing is completely impermeable! - it will be trapped against the metal and the paint will eventually fail if it never gets a chance to dry out. I've seen it happen!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmmm... I can't imagine that you never hit the gas or the brakes hard enough to move that little amount of water around the roof, where surely the heat from the Florida sun would evaporate it pretty quickly on a hot metal roof. Seems weird.

On another note, what is the Mad Max looking tread plate air dam thingamabob over the windshield? Does it blind oncoming traffic at all when the sun is in front of you? That seems like a pretty large reflective surface to have up that high.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, read you Folks concerns about. So-far the ONLY Proof I have for my-self is my trailer roof. It stands sunshine and rain for 5 years without repaint.

Posting new pix of my PM Roof modification.

ONCE-Again, I was WORRY about parking for a few-days. In than time long time parking roof gets lakes !!!
Please look at your's roofs when you are parked for more than 2 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Lakes and puddles on the roof? From rain, I assume, but....

What is rain? ;)

(we have an annual rainfall here of only 7")

1 - 9 of 9 Posts