Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my PM on November 7 and was told 8-10 weeks. The dealership has been giving me the run around for the last month. Finally called corporate. My PM is finished and in Laredo, TX ready for shipping. Will be here in FL on March 6. Can't wait. I am turning it into a dog show van for showing my 5 golden retrievers. Already bought the Coleman Mach 8 Low Profile A/c and will be getting an onan 2.8 generator this week. I'll use the upfit money to have everything professionally installed. My goldens are going to have an awesome ride.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Cool! You'll like that Coleman, other than the noise. We have the same unit but not the low profile, and it works great, (again, other than the noise).

Only issue, being a Onan propane & past Onan diesel generator owner in 2 different RV's, don't trust that setup in the Florida heat. You'll need to monitor the temperature when they are out there in it and you aren't. It could shut off at any time and you won't know it....
This is especially true if you don't heavily insulate that roof and sides somehow.

Incidentally, sounds like your dealer is a flake

What color did you get?

·
Registered
104 Posts
kcudak Could u please give me that corporate number. I ordered my Promaster 0n Nov 11 and I,m still wating. every time I call I get the runaround. Last week I called and the woman who answered at ram told me sometimes it can take up to 6 months to get a promaster.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Kcudak. i ordered mine on Nov 29th same color as yours .
My delivery date is Apr1st . I am in Chicago . would you please share that phone # with us.
Congrats on your truck , post some pix with your dogs and truck , it would be awesome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Corporate phone number

Here is the number. Ask for Ray! He is great and always follows up!
(800)763-8422

I am going to insulate my van with the "pink R13 stuff" followed by plastic type paneling. I plan on getting a Temperature alert system when I am not in the van and they are.
I have a brother-in -law that could fix the space shuttle if it broke. he designed a 5 crate cubbie system custom made to fit along the wall of my van. It will be installed on an 18" platform so the wheel wells are clear with storage drawers underneath the platform. There should even be 30" of clearance on top of the crates for a mattress for me. :) I got the 1500 high roof in Sandstone color. I will send pictures of my van setup once everything is installed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
That Sandstone color ought to be nice looking. Be nice to see your pics once set up.

A suggestion on insulation. If you are willing to go a bit farther on the job, put "Reflectix", (I think that's how it's spelled), between the metal and your "pink" stuff. It's made a BIG difference in our Sprinter van. Especially in the glass areas.
You can buy rolls of it at Lowes & Hone Depot, various widths

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Sandstone color ought to be nice looking. Be nice to see your pics once set up.

A suggestion on insulation. If you are willing to go a bit farther on the job, put "Reflectix", (I think that's how it's spelled), between the metal and your "pink" stuff. It's made a BIG difference in our Sprinter van. Especially in the glass areas.

You can buy rolls of it at Lowes & Hone Depot, various widths
Is that the aluminum foil type rolls? I use that on the windows in my RV. Thanks for the tip. I will do it. I need all the insulation I can get in the brutal FL sun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I have only been on one dog trip with.mine and that was to Portland Oregon. The van had so much condensation inside (cold foggy weather) I ordered the Legend floor and liner. I put foam board into the spaces between the ribs and caulked with "great stuff" I lined the ceiling and floor with reflectix (so much easier to work with than foam board!). I stuffed some fiberglass insulation in some of the ribs that had wires in them, Great Stuff in others. Its a lot more quiet and the heater was on low all the way back from the dealership. I am now going to try to figure out some kind of platform for the crates. I have 21"x 42 SUV type crates and I can easily fit in 7 without double stacking. I had an extended roof Chevrolet express. This is so much wider and the walls more square. However what the dogs and I both love is that the van stays level in turns. No swaying side to side.

Next is a roof vent and this summer roof air. The one thing I hate is that the 12 volt outlets shut off with the key. So no leaving a fan in in the rear when I run in someplace.

I looked at Sprinters but the dealerships are far apart.

I wish I had gotten side windows for the visibility. Keep us updated with your upgrades!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Is that the aluminum foil type rolls? I use that on the windows in my RV. Thanks for the tip. I will do it. I need all the insulation I can get in the brutal FL sun.
Yes, the double sided aluminum foil type with air bubbles in the middle. Works wonders, and very easy to work with.
It will make the most difference in the roof area, but use it everywhere you can, including the floor

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, I have only been on one dog trip with.mine and that was to Portland Oregon. The van had so much condensation inside (cold foggy weather) I ordered the Legend floor and liner. I put foam board into the spaces between the ribs and caulked with "great stuff" I lined the ceiling and floor with reflectix (so much easier to work with than foam board!). I stuffed some fiberglass insulation in some of the ribs that had wires in them, Great Stuff in others. Its a lot more quiet and the heater was on low all the way back from the dealership. I am now going to try to figure out some kind of platform for the crates. I have 21"x 42 SUV type crates and I can easily fit in 7 without double stacking. I had an extended roof Chevrolet express. This is so much wider and the walls more square. However what the dogs and I both love is that the van stays level in turns. No swaying side to side.

Next is a roof vent and this summer roof air. The one thing I hate is that the 12 volt outlets shut off with the key. So no leaving a fan in in the rear when I run in someplace.

I looked at Sprinters but the dealerships are far apart.

I wish I had gotten side windows for the visibility. Keep us updated with your upgrades!
I ordered Five 42x21x30 SUV crates from Amazon. My brother in law made a wood frame that will secure all 5 crates to the wall and platform without stacking. He made the frame out of nice pine. When I get the PM he will build an 18" platform that will clear the wheel wells and the crates/frame will be secured to the wall . There will be room on top of the crates for me to put a mattress to take naps. I will rarely if ever use heat in my van but a/c is a must. He will make pullout drawers underneath the platform. I got my Promaster with windows in the rear and on the sliding door side. I also got a passenger front bench seat. I'll take pictures of my setup as soon as I get the truck. We already have the crate system built....just waiting on delivery of the PM

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ordered my PM on November 7 and was told 8-10 weeks. The dealership has been giving me the run around for the last month. Finally called corporate. My PM is finished and in Laredo, TX ready for shipping. Will be here in FL on March 6. Can't wait. I am turning it into a dog show van for showing my 5 golden retrievers. Already bought the Coleman Mach 8 Low Profile A/c and will be getting an onan 2.8 generator this week. I'll use the upfit money to have everything professionally installed. My goldens are going to have an awesome ride.
Well? Did your Promaster show up yet? If so, how is it? If not what are the telling you now? Just curious what I'm in for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes I finally got my PM

Well? Did your Promaster show up yet? If so, how is it? If not what are the telling you now? Just curious what I'm in for.
Yes I actually got it a week early on February 27! Was shocked. I LOVE IT
My dealer was an idiot. They think they are going to get 10 ratings and I wasn't happy with 75% of what they did.
I just had the roof a/c and generator installed with upfit money. Now to go collect from dealership.
Now my brother in law will help me insulate it and then we install the crates. I post picts as soon as it is done. Love the Sandstone color. Love riding up so high. Love all the glass and visibility. I got glass on the rear doors and glass on the sliding door which really helps when driving

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes I actually got it a week early on February 27! Was shocked. I LOVE IT
My dealer was an idiot. They think they are going to get 10 ratings and I wasn't happy with 75% of what they did.
I just had the roof a/c and generator installed with upfit money. Now to go collect from dealership.
Now my brother in law will help me insulate it and then we install the crates. I post picts as soon as it is done. Love the Sandstone color. Love riding up so high. Love all the glass and visibility. I got glass on the rear doors and glass on the sliding door which really helps when driving
Thats great! I ordered mine on 11/13 and I just got yet another build date, (as opposed to another delivery date) of 4/6!
Dido about the feelings of the dealer, although in my case I think the factory rep has been feeding both the dealer and myself a lot of bull. The dealer being caught in the middle. Hopefully my build date is on time. Of course if they built it a little earlier, it would be fine by me, but now I only believe half of what I see and none of what they tell me.
Good luck with your new van.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts