Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Pittsburgh,

I recently got a 2500 136" high roof gas engine and really like it. This is my first van of any type and I'll be using it for my work. I want to ply line the sides but don't really know how to go about the installation. I've put in a cargo liner from Bedrug so far. Wasn't too happy with the fit as I had to trim it where it meets the back of the driver and passenger seats. Also there's no metal or plastic trim to finish off the ends at the rear doors or the sliding door. Appears to be rugged though but time will tell.

Mine came with LED Light bars in the cargo area. I also have 2 AUX switches on the dash. I would possibly like to wire the LED's to one of those but done have a clue how or if it's possible.

I'd be interested to share my experiences with up-fitting the van as well as hearing from those with similar experiences.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Welcome, please do share. If the ply on the sides is not going to be used to secure shelving I would just use self tapping sheet metal screws. To help more you might need to give a bit more info. My van does not have any AUX switches, others will pipe up on that. Others have installed aluminum shields to cover and protect the edge of the bed rug.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, please do share. If the ply on the sides is not going to be used to secure shelving I would just use self tapping sheet metal screws. To help more you might need to give a bit more info. My van does not have any AUX switches, others will pipe up on that. Others have installed aluminum shields to cover and protect the edge of the bed rug.
I want to have some flexibility with removing any shelving for the sole purpose of having maximum cargo space if/when needed - I build cabinetry and the like. I'll definitely need hold downs of some sort (lots of options out there for sure) but haven't looked at that yet. Obviously removing shelving isn't something I'll want to do to on a regular basis but it would be a nice option.

By aluminum shields are you talking about an L-shaped diamond plate? What fasteners would you use for the lining instead of self tap sheet metal screws?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Yes, and L shaped Al diamond plate or plain.
Many of us have used Rivnuts. A rivet that is threaded and is inserted into a specially drilled hole and then compressed to create a flange that holds it in. If you haven’t used one they are very neat and removal of the bolts in them makes it possible to remove the panel.

Here is a metric one: https://www.amazon.com/Astro-1427-H...F8&qid=1475319902&sr=8-3&keywords=rivnut+tool
Or a SAE and metric: https://www.amazon.com/Astro-1442-T...F8&qid=1475319902&sr=8-1&keywords=rivnut+tool

·
Registered
371 Posts
I also installed the VanRug. I unscrewed the plastic pieces in the front as was able to get the rug underneath them.

I am still looking for a threshold for the sliding door and for the back at the double doors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also installed the VanRug. I unscrewed the plastic pieces in the front as was able to get the rug underneath them.

I am still looking for a threshold for the sliding door and for the back at the double doors.
Didn't think about removing the plastic I just trimmed it to fit. There are score lines on the underside and top of the mat - use them only as a starting point. I cut shy of them and got a nice fit.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
FS,

Here's the link to the OEM light bar kit http://moparonlineparts.com/docs/82214239.pdf

It looks like the switch you use has a pair of wires (+ and -) all the way back to the battery. If the Aux dash switches are accesible you could use one to interrupt the wire going to the battery from the led strip "control box". The if you left the light switch in the door column on, you could turn it on from the dash.

Hope this helps,
Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts