Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Busy adding some mopar coolant to the Van since it was a little low.

Does the Promaster not have a radiator cap? I could not easily find the main cap. I did add to the reservoir but on my other cars I used to have to add to the radiator aswell. Just checking to see if we only need to add to the reservoir.

Thanks

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,282 Posts
reservoir cap is the cap

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
And don't bother adding any as long as it's above MIN. Its happy place is usually closer to MIN than MAX. It will always end up there no matter how much or how often you add.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
686 Posts
And don't bother adding any as long as it's above MIN. Its happy place is usually closer to MIN than MAX. It will always end up there no matter how much or how often you add.
And the $64k question is where does it go. Maybe Mopar antifreeze is like Wyoming snow. Just blows/circulates around until it wears out?
Poof!!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
And the $64k question is where does it go. Maybe Mopar antifreeze is like Wyoming snow. Just blows/circulates around until it wears out?
Poof!!
Even old radiators had a happy place. If you overfilled, it eventually disappeared and returned to its happy place. It just blows out around the pressure cap, I guess. When the PM engine is hot, the coolant level is up closer to MAX. Cold, it's back down near to MIN. They don't call 'em expansion tanks for nothin'. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was quite a bit below min. I add a little over Min, but thanks for the tip! And thanks everyone else on input.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
686 Posts
Even old radiators had a happy place. If you overfilled, it eventually disappeared and returned to its happy place. It just blows out around the pressure cap, I guess. When the PM engine is hot, the coolant level is up closer to MAX. Cold, it's back down near to MIN. They don't call 'em expansion tanks for nothin'. ;)
OK, I suppose. With a new rad replaced ~10-15k ago under warranty, I have still used almost 2 gallons of premixed. Or possibly ???

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
OK, I suppose. With a new rad replaced ~10-15k ago under warranty, I have still used almost 2 gallons of premixed. Or possibly ???
Yikes, mine hasn't changed in the last 15k.
No signs of a leak? IIRC, there is a common leak spot somewhere on the engine. Try searching the forum.

·
Super Moderator
11,313 Posts
I seem to recall it was on the lower passenger side of the engine but there was a thread on it quite awhile ago. Very difficult to pin down tho just a slow seeping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts