Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New here, but have had a 2014 2500 ecodiesel promaster for a long time now. Wondering if anyone knows the wear limit on the rotors or do you guys just chuck em and get new ones instead? Can't find it stamped anywhere on the rotors.

Got 92k miles on original brakes.

Thanks

·
Registered
729 Posts
According to the Book of MOPAR: The minimum thickness specification for the front brake rotor is located on the OD of the brake plate. The minimum thickness specification for the rear brake rotor is located on the side of the hub mounting face.

Yet - they provide this chart in the 2014 Service Manual...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm going to have to get myself a service manual now that we're out of warranty and I plan to do repairs myself on our work van.

·
Super Moderator
8,330 Posts
I just chucked mine at about 60-70k and bought new ones. The aftermarket ones are about $50 each and worked fine for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the Book of MOPAR: The minimum thickness specification for the front brake rotor is located on the OD of the brake plate. The minimum thickness specification for the rear brake rotor is located on the side of the hub mounting face.

Yet - they provide this chart in the 2014 Service Manual...

View attachment 64313
Couldn't find any stampings in the said locations, but that chart ended being my answer. I'm already passed the minimum permitted thickness, so looks like I'll be chucking them. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts