Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Once I pay for $45 for a membership I'd save a grand total of $5. I don't suppose I'd fare any better at Costco.

Do they charge a core charge? I have a stack of AGM UPS batteries I could give them, but I'm fresh out of golf cart batteries.

P.S. $309.46 for two 6 volt batteries v.s. $309.64 for two 12 volt batteries. 190 AH v.s. 210 AH. Decisions, decisions...

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
The core charge was about $15 to $20 and they take any AUTOMOTIVE battery, not UPS or M/C or others. Find someone who is a member to go with you. Their regular price for the golf cart AGM is a great deal. Our town’s recycle center takes batteries for free and they let me have two for trade ins. I bought FLA’s.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm really confused about electric thigie.....a.c. vs dc current....but understand I have 12 volt dc current....so how does 6 volt golf cart batteries work.....it can't be as simple as
2 6volt batteries = 12 volt system.....???????????

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,031 Posts
I'm really confused about electric thigie.....a.c. vs dc current....but understand I have 12 volt dc current....so how does 6 volt golf cart batteries work.....it can't be as simple as
2 6volt batteries = 12 volt system.....???????????
Yes it is, when they are in series.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Always get 6v golf cart batteries over 12v batteries. They last longer in general. Recover much better. 3 big cells each compared to one battery with 6 small cells.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sam's Club Membership

Once I pay for $45 for a membership I'd save a grand total of $5. I don't suppose I'd fare any better at Costco.

Do they charge a core charge? I have a stack of AGM UPS batteries I could give them, but I'm fresh out of golf cart batteries.

P.S. $309.46 for two 6 volt batteries v.s. $309.64 for two 12 volt batteries. 190 AH v.s. 210 AH. Decisions, decisions...
If you are not already a Sam's Club member there are a couple of Groupon deals which can help.

New membership @ $45 gets a $15 e-gift card.

New Sams Mastercard, spend $45 online get a $45 statement credit when used same day as card signup. The Groupon link says you need to spend $100 to get the $45 credit but when you get to the Sams Club signup page it says spend $45. Don't know if you can use a battery purchase to satisfy the spending requirement, since the battery listings seem to say "in Club Only". But if you can put it in an online shopping cart pay online and then pick up in the store, that might work. Don't know.

Here are several Groupon Sams Club deals including the 2 mentioned above.

https://www.groupon.com/coupons/stores/samsclub.com

One other thing about the battery listings linked in the first post. The golf cart one which would be of most interest seems to be unavailable in all the club locations I checked. My areas are Coastal Los Angeles, Southern California Inland Empire/Palm Springs and Washington State. They don't even list a price or the option to buy purchase online. So for those finding a price listing on these, where are you located so I can try that zip code and see if it can be bought online and picked up in store?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,494 Posts
And what Sams have the 6v agm in stock? The ones I searched, they are not available. For flooded 6v Batteries+ order online pickup in store right now their is a 10% off coupon and you you don't have to pay to be on their favorite shoppers list.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So I randomly entered zip codes for Sams Golf Cart Battery. Most western ones beginning with 9 seemed to be unavailable. Tried 12345, (Latham, NY) and it showed up as available. Changed my club to that and entered battery in cart to pick up in store. Cart then showed battery but without the $25 discount and a link to the $45 credit card offer I mentioned above. Changed my club location back to Southern California and my cart was empty, so guess that won't work. But at least the battery seems to qualify for the $45 credit card deal but not sure why the $25 discount disappeared.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Best I can tell the discount doesn't show up in the cart until you login as a member. They are in stock at my location. I didn't try all three-- apply for a membership online, and the credit app, and put the batteries in the cart. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The in club bit I think is you have to pick them up there, they won't ship.

Not convinced rushing a decision on batteries when I'm not ready for them in my build is wise. Only saving $50 in the scheme of things, and they'd just sit. Now if I was closer to that point, I'd likely pull the trigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts