Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you mak
We just changed our 225/75/16 stock tires and replaced them with BFG ko2 AT 245/75/16 tires. The rear driver’s side wouldn’t fit at all, it was completely against the front of the rear wheel fender so we had to put the stock tire back on. The rear passenger side fit, but BARELY. It’s so close to the front wheel fender that you can’t even put your pinky through.
Wondering if anyone else had this issue and what you did about it??

thanks!

-New Promaster Owner (Macy)

·
Registered
627 Posts
There are some mentions here:

·
Registered
4 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
Been doing a fair amount of research on this and just giving my 2 cents. Just drove back from the tire shop with freshly mounted General Grabber ATX 247/75/16 on stock rims. 2016 Promaster 2500 136wb.

No rubbing, no shifting issues. A pretty great alternative to the Ko2s. Cheaper, quieter, and rated better than the BFGs. A really well received option that can accept studs and is reviewed very positively as an all terrain tire with snow capability.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Been doing a fair amount of research on this and just giving my 2 cents. Just drove back from the tire shop with freshly mounted General Grabber ATX 247/75/16 on stock rims. 2016 Promaster 2500 136wb.

No rubbing, no shifting issues. A pretty great alternative to the Ko2s. Cheaper, quieter, and rated better than the BFGs. A really well received option that can accept studs and is reviewed very positively as an all terrain tire with snow capability.

Good info; I thought you would need to go with 70 profile to maintain wheelwell clearance. How much is the speedo off now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
Yeah believe me, I went back and forth trying to figure out what to go with. Luckily the Discount Tire in Washington state offer a test fit for new tires and if they dont fit then they dont charge you anything. I guess the perk of buying tires from a larger company.

Realistically I have no idea what the speedo difference is. If it a few miles an hour here or there I could never tell but maybe my sense of speed is a bit dulled by driving a pretty big van on the highway haha. Not too worried about speeding in that thing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I switched to Cooper S/T Maxx tires 245/75/16's and had the same issue. The drivers side was rubbing, but the passenger side cleared just fine. I had to trim the plastic just a smidge on the drivers side, so no rubbing now.(y)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Like the Ultra Toils. Did you buy a wheel/tire package? Where the black lug bolts sourced from?
Yes, I purchased the entire package from my local Discount Tire shop. My service guy found the black lug bolts thru supplier of his. Initially got the wrong length bolts (too long), but they found the correct ones, and I am very pleased with how these look and feel driving. Tire tread noise is noticeable on slow sharp turns, but they are an AT tire after-all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, I purchased the entire package from my local Discount Tire shop. My service guy found the black lug bolts thru supplier of his. Initially got the wrong length bolts (too long), but they found the correct ones, and I am very pleased with how these look and feel driving. Tire tread noise is noticeable on slow sharp turns, but they are an AT tire after-all. View attachment 69012
Sweet! Doing the math, the addtl 20mm in width works out to 15mm in addtl radius with a 75 profile. The new stock 225 Nexens are 5/8 “ (~16mm) from the front of the rear wheelwell, so I can see how the interference occurs.. Also I do occasionally carry an addtl 1000 lbs of cargo.

Prob nothing a small session with the grinding wheel can’t correct! But i dont want to get hung with a set of 245/75s that dont fit so may opt for the 245/70s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts