·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
"The 2021 ProMaster also features blind spot monitoring with cross path detection. It has forward collision warning with emergency brake assist and ambient/courtesy lights. Crosswind assist is also available to help keep the van going straight in a strong side wind. "

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
So basically stuff that the Ducato already has :)
Crosswind assist is new if actually true, time will tell.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
It may just be a new housing for the dual camera setup, one looks down and one looks to the rear.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Crosswind and the other driver assist stuff is called keeping up with the competition. Sprinters have had that sort of stuff for a few years. Not sure what's so new about ambient/courtesy lights. Isn't that what we have above the windshield? We even get e-brake assist whenever I snag my pants on the lever.

·
Registered
615 Posts
One of the things I like about my 2019 is that it has none of those self-driving/alarm/alert features. When riding in vehicles that do have them they seem distracting, annoying and sometimes even alarming for no reason. Maybe I'd get used to it, even find it helpful but a friends Lexus occasionally scares the crap out of me, mostly for false alarms or things he's already aware of. Part of it might be that he's hard of hearing and has the volume up. Regardless, I'm in no hurry to get any of that stuff.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
If the forward collision evolved into cruise control with automatic distance keeping and braking, that would be cool. I use cruise control all the time in the wife's car now, especially in stop and go traffic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts