Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Roadtrek Zion
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2021 Promaster 3500 Roadtrek RV with 4000 miles on it that came from the factory out of line. It pulls to the left and is wearing down the inside of both front tires. It is in for the 3rd line up under warranty. It runs down the road fine for about 50 miles then starts pulling to the left again. The dealer is blaming the problem on the fact that it has been made into an RV. I know this can't be so because there are thousands of Promaster RV campers on the road most are running correctly. I am sure that Thor, Winnebago and Roadtrek would not use the Promaster as their most built class B campers if they were not capable of handling the job. Has anyone heard of this problem?

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
974 Posts
I have a new 2021 Promaster 3500 Roadtrek RV with 4000 miles on it that came from the factory out of line. It pulls to the left and is wearing down the inside of both front tires. It is in for the 3rd line up under warranty. It runs down the road fine for about 50 miles then starts pulling to the left again. The dealer is blaming the problem on the fact that it has been made into an RV. I know this can't be so because there are thousands of Promaster RV campers on the road most are running correctly. I am sure that Thor, Winnebago and Roadtrek would not use the Promaster as their most built class B campers if they were not capable of handling the job. Has anyone heard of this problem?
Contact @RamCares and start a case. Since you have done your 'due diligence' and your dealer has plenty of opportunity to correct the issue, I would be pressing for replacement tires.

Now may be a good time to research your state's Lemon Law to see if it applies. Keep meticulous records.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
735 Posts
California lemon law :
If vehicle has accumulated 30 days of being at the dealership and problem not resolved it's a lemon...
90 days after I got a lemon lawyer involved ( Ford Transit ) I got back every dime including deposit and payments made , lawyer bills manufacturer for his/her time .
As el jefe mentioned , keep all paperwork showing time spent at dealership.

Reactions: el Jefe

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
974 Posts
California lemon law :
If vehicle has accumulated 30 days of being at the dealership and problem not resolved it's a lemon...
90 days after I got a lemon lawyer involved ( Ford Transit ) I got back every dime including deposit and payments made , lawyer bills manufacturer for his/her time .
I wonder if California includes commercially converted Class B's?

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
974 Posts
California lemon law :
And turn on your Google location as part of your documentation. I have a phone that is always on and charged from the house bank which I leave in the van.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
735 Posts
I wonder if California includes commercially converted Class B's?
That is the elephant in the room .
I do know over a certain weight vehicle does not qualify for as a lemon .

·
Registered
2021 Roadtrek Zion
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I have had my 21-prom aster 3500 with a Roadtrek build back to the local Dodge dealer 4 times to have it lined up and it still pulls to the left. The mechanic states that it is lined up to specs. but he cannot stop it from pulling to the left. They say there is no more that they can do for me.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
974 Posts
Well, I have had my 21-prom aster 3500 with a Roadtrek build back to the local Dodge dealer 4 times to have it lined up and it still pulls to the left. The mechanic states that it is lined up to specs. but he cannot stop it from pulling to the left. They say there is no more that they can do for me.
Time to consult a lemon-law law firm who practices in your state. Your ClassB may or not be covered in your state. Doesn't normally cost you for a consultation. Ram knowing you are consulting an attorney may induce them to escalate a STAR case.

·
Registered
2021 Roadtrek Zion
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Time to consult a lemon-law law firm who practices in your state. Your ClassB may or not be covered in your state. Doesn't normally cost you for a consultation. Ram knowing you are consulting an attorney may induce them to escalate a STAR case.
I am going to take it to a shop that specializes in line up and especially trucks to see if they can determine the problem as soon as I get it back from the RV dealer who if fixing the RV electrical problems.
If it's not one thing it's two others with this rig. This is the 7th time in 5 months it was in the shop to fix 8 different problems. At this point I would not recommend a Roadtrek to anyone.

·
Registered
2021 Roadtrek Zion
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dodge Cares has contacted me and want me to go back to the dealer for another appointment and they will confer with the mechanic and open a case for me to try and solve these problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts