Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new to the group. Has anyone recently ordered a new factory built unit? I'm in Ontario, Canada and was told my order may take 6+ months to arrive. My 2500 159" was ordered late December. Earlier this week I got a call from the dealership saying that a VON number has been issued, but the build can't be scheduled yet. I also heard rumors that Amazon is buying all the promaster as well as other competitors stock and that's creating a longer wait time. Does anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently purchased a 2021. During the hunt I was quoted similar timelines should I opt for a production unit, for the same reason -- one of the reasons I opted for an inventory unit that matched the specs I was after.

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,819 Posts
Hi Jax

We are in Victoria BC & ordered a 2021 159” EXT at the end of January. At the time we were told 4 to 6 months. We were also told the same issue of Amazon & similar large companies buying up the Promasters. So the 4 to 6 months was the best guess from the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've noticed the US had inventory on the dealer lots. Here in Canada it seems like no dealer is receiving the 2021s yet

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,819 Posts
I've noticed the US had inventory on the dealer lots. Here in Canada it seems like no dealer is receiving the 2021s yet
A friend of mine purchased an already Dealer ordered 159” in Feb. It is already in Portland & might be in Vancouver BC now.

So we are seeing them on the Canadian West Coast if not already - soon.

·
Registered
2021 Ram Promaster 2500 2500 CARGO VAN HIGH ROOF 136" WB
33 Posts
We ordered our 2021 Promaster 136WB HR in mid-November and picked it up on Monday March 15th. During that time steel prices went way up and the automotive industry experienced severe shortages of semiconductors. Yet the final price was actually about $100 lower than the estimate we were given at the time we ordered.

We ordered ours from Dave Smith in Kellogg, Idaho. They are a very busy and active car dealership. We believe we got a very good deal from them. Our particular sales guy told us that the Promaster attracted a lot of serious attention during the 4 days after it arrived before we picked it up. Demand is high for these vehicles. We looked for a long time for a clean used one and didn't find anything let alone one configured the way we wanted it.

·
Registered
Patriot Blue, 3500 159WB EXT HR on order
9 Posts
I'm also in Ontario, ordered a 3500 159 Ext early Dec. and bug the dealer on a monthly basis for an update. I don't have a VIN yet. I do hope I can take delivery over the summer though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm also in Ontario, ordered a 3500 159 Ext early Dec. and bug the dealer on a monthly basis for an update. I don't have a VIN yet. I do hope I can take delivery over the summer though.
Where in Ontario? Which dealer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts