Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what is happening here? Started 2 weeks ago but only did it once and stopped after I turned off the van and restarted. Now it doesn't fix itself with a restart.

Seems to run fine and shift fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Check the sensors on the back bumper for dirt, damage, have you added a hitch or anything on the back of the van?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the sensors on the back bumper for dirt, damage, have you added a hitch or anything on the back of the van?
I did put a hitch rack on the back! If I put it into reverse it alarms since it senses something, but after a minute it stops and just says check parking system and puts up an error light.

Do you think that could cause the whole cluster to go all wonky?

Also, its been doing this for 2 days nonstop, but today the 2nd time I started it and drove it didn't do it.

The intermittent nature makes me wonder if it's just a lose plug somewhere.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That is more than likely the problem. After I use my hitch bike rack I get the error for a couple of startups but it goes away. It is possible your hitch is just in the right area to screw things up. Search park+assist in the search community bar at the top of the screen for some ideas to help fix it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, the bike rack causes the service parking assistance message and beeping. It won't go away until you take the rack off. Doesn't affect performance. I have a 2020 with park sense. Message goes away the instant you take the rack off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wanted to clarify the issue in the video. All of the gauges are turning on and off as well as the lights and back light.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Yes, it looks haunted. It's funny that the tach turns off and on while the engine is running. Fuel gauge too. My guess is a loose connection and/or a bad cluster.

But it's a 2020, so it's under warranty. Just get it sorted by the dealer. (i.e. don't mess with it)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
IMO,
If this started happening after you did some work on the van, I would revisit that area, checking for wire damage.

If all you did was add a bike rack to an existing hitch I'd start checking for wire damage, connector issues or maybe a computer module is acting up. Water, rodents or computer module.

And since its a 2020 take it to a dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Oh yeah, the rodent thing. If it is mice, the dealer would (rightly) charge you, warranty or not. :-/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts