MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should have placed this post here instead of hijacking Victory Pete's thread.

https://www.fcausfleet.com/shopping-tools/brochures-literature.html

tidbits,
The 2018 Product Showcase pdf it shows no PM diesel.
The 2018 Buyers Guide pdf, no PM diesel, in the engine/transmission tab they don't have 3.0 I4 or the transmission.

The 2018 Buyer's Guide pdf last page legal notice, based on info available on 4/01/17, photos are for representational purposes only.

The Ram Promaster Buyer's Guide still has diesel as an option, but we know that's not true. In the fine print it based on info available 4/1/2016.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
RV’s are often built on year old chassis. That Zion is built on a 2017 I bet so it doesn’t mean much. The year of the conversion and the year of the van are often different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should have placed this post here instead of hijacking Victory Pete's thread.

https://www.fcausfleet.com/shopping-tools/brochures-literature.html

tidbits,
The 2018 Product Showcase pdf it shows no PM diesel.
The 2018 Buyers Guide pdf, no PM diesel, in the engine/transmission tab they don't have 3.0 I4 or the transmission.

The 2018 Buyer's Guide pdf last page legal notice, based on info available on 4/01/17, photos are for representational purposes only.

The Ram Promaster Buyer's Guide still has diesel as an option, but we know that's not true. In the fine print it based on info available 4/1/2016.
Hmm, I was hoping to see a new front end. Is that not true anymore?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates/spy photos available for the 2018? I'll be kind of bummed if it doesn't have a facelift. I've been holding out on buying one in hopes that it does.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
As I suspected the news embargo ended today.

Hopefully the right and left sides of the brain at FCA are talking to each other when they put this info out.

It appears the diesel is back.

all the pdfs are on the right side

I didn't see any legal disclaimers.

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=250&mid=432

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Maybe FCA took a time out to unf*** themselves and get the diesel emissions and training fixed, who knows.

I gave up looking for the EPA cert.

·
Registered
108 Posts
New for 2018

Uconnect 5.0 now standard equipment with optional navigation

Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth is now standard along with steering wheel mounted audio controls

Rear backup camera now standard on all models and backup camera kit with Chassis Cab and Cutaway models

Right and left sliding doors now feature a window grate with fixed glass option

What does "window grate" mean?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
security screen/grille?

and 4 types of suspensions, light, med, heavy and premium heavy

and I'm starting to believe there is only 1 final drive ratio(gas), I think there is only transmission part # for all three.

·
Registered
126 Posts
On phone with Ram trying to get an update on my 2018 ProMaster order. Where do you see different load rating? I am a bit bummed when I ordered in July the diesel was not an option.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
load specs? suspensions for different models?

look at the 2018 ram commercial promaster feature availability pdf

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I have always suspected there was one ratio.... someday we may know for sure. Security screens have been an option on rear windows or available as accessories since 2015 I believe. Nose facelift? I am on record saying there will be one on Victory Pete's new van!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have always suspected there was one ratio.... someday we may know for sure. Security screens have been an option on rear windows or available as accessories since 2015 I believe. Nose facelift? I am on record saying there will be one on Victory Pete's new van!
The link that showed the 2018 specs shows many pictures with the same nose. What makes you think it is changed?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts