Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found info here Upfit Interface Connector that references a pdf on 2014 models. I'm looking for info for my 2017. There appear to be a couple of large plugs behind the small black plastic cover on the bottom of the b pillar just to the side of the passenger seat. I'd like to see a description of the plugs, amperage, usage, etc.

I am looking for a fused (20A min, bigger is fine), always on source that I can use NOW until I can get the house battery system installed. I'd like to insert the appropriate end connection to the existing plug and put a 12V power socket on the other end. (Yes, I know there is already one on the dash:D). TIA!

Oh, and are there other locations for similar plugs that are just waiting for me to use?? Or maybe a schematic, diagram or description somewhere?

·
Registered
756 Posts
http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/bodybuildersguide/2016/rampromaster/

The OEM descriptions for 2017 are not published yet, altering above web address to 2014, 2015 or 2016 leads to their prospective upfitter indexes, perhaps 2017 will be included soon.

There is enough slack at the end of the cable the nearly-unobtainable Euro part can be disassembled and a common 75 amp or better Anderson-style connector installed. I've tried communicating with Italian automotive-RV suppliers and none so far cared one bit to get the counterpart plug, pins and interlock wafer together in a no guesswork kit.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Camper up-fitters must be getting that plug. Available is a 50 (or 70) amp fused (at the battery?) always on source I believe, that you are talking about. Just what you want! If the plug were available I think I would put a 12V plug right at the door for electricity outside with a 10 foot heavy cord. I don’t believe there are any other sources for unswitched high amp power in the van. You are right eventually you are going to have to come off the battery to wire an interconnect to the coach, although that source would be 70 amps on your van so it could work for that. I felt it was not in a good place for me to use. The driver’s side would have been perfect!

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
492 Posts
Straight out of Italy.
I have the elusive MTA upfitter male side M800 connectors in my hand. I just received 100 of the male connector parts if anyone would like them.
The male side housing is already attached to the upfitter female side in your van. The male side spade attachment is the only part you need to wire in 8 gauge wire. Crimp on the connectors and plug it all together.
I have a reel of connectors. Send me a PM if you would like some.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
You only need two crimp on spade cable ends too insert into the already supplied upfitter connection.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I still have connectors available. Some of the upfitters have contacted me and taken 100 pieces at a time.
Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Would you still have some of these male connector terminals or know where to get it ?

thanks
I still have about 20 something of the spade connectors. They come in a roll and I buy a couple hundred of them at a time usually. Send me a PM for details.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hope I'm not too late to the party, but do you still have some M800 connectors?
I do have have some of the connector spades. Send me a PM and I will get you details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
I do have have some of the connector spades. Send me a PM and I will get you details.
Hi MtBiker and Others!!

Ordered the other parts for the Speaker etc.

For the 70A Power connector:

Just to confirm 1 more time before I order (minimum quantity is 20 so wanted to confirm). This would be for 4AWG wire. Need the 10-16mm^2 size correct?

Thanks much in advance!!

Sush

1107690 M800 Terminal

• Product Type: Terminal, Loose Piece
  • Minimum Order Qty: 20 pieces
  • Brand: MTA
  • MTA Part Number: 1107685
  • Product Family: MAXI 800
  • Wire Size Range: 10.0 - 16.0 mm²
  • Sealed/Unsealed: Unsealed
  • Material: Copper Alloy
  • Plating: Tin

·
Registered
492 Posts
The part #1707685 is what I have been buying in rolls . I sized this as 8awg and it has worked well.
My wife worked for a HUGE parts distributor so I started buying them to help out fellow Promaster owners.
We have shipped out hundreds of these to owners across North America.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The part #1707685 is what I have been buying in rolls . I sized this as 8awg and it has worked well.
My wife worked for a HUGE parts distributor so I started buying them to help out fellow Promaster owners.
We have shipped out hundreds of these to owners across North America.
Thanks very much for the prompt reply!!! I will be using 4AWG so will need the bigger size. Plan is to do 30A b2b and possibly add another 30A later as the cable supports up to 70A.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts