Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: new price 35,000 CAD

The time has come to sell my beloved 2017 2500 159 high roof. I am located in Kaslo BC Canada.

Asking 35,000 CAD

I started converting it to a weekend adventure rig as soon as I bought it new in April 2017. I bought a house this Summer, I don't have time to finish the conversion, let alone use it for its intended purpose.

Has all the standard options except cruise control and power seats. ~20,000 Kilometres on the odo, still has factory bumper to bumper warranty until April

What I have done so far:

• 1 inch rigid closed cell foam board and Thinsulate insulation
  • OSB particle board on top of factory floor
  • Finished ceiling with "brown paper bag" over 1/4 plywood
  • Water proof garage
  • 80/20 roof rack on CargoMaster towers
  • 5 brand new BF Goodrich AT tires (stock size)
The 'garage' space was designed to have a raising bed platform on top. It is 6ft long to sleep length-wise. Water tanks and other electrical accessories were supposed to go behind the walls. Everything is bolted into the factory hex nuts. (box of more hex nuts included in sale) so easy to remove if you want to change the design.

Here are some more pics: van2.jpg van4.jpg van5.jpg

I can add send more photos. Feel free to DM for my phone number.

Ivan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some more pictures that show how I attached the garage 'panels', the waterproofing, the rear of the van with the doors closed. The cab and how I left the floor hooks accessible. You can also see the space behind the cab seating (Originally, I planned to add a little bench seat and add pivots to the cab seats to create a dinette there)

It is a little dirty because of the weather here, apologies for that.

IMG_20200129_130609.jpg IMG_20200129_130556.jpg IMG_20200129_130532.jpg IMG_20200129_130453.jpg IMG_20200129_130649.jpg IMG_20200129_130622_1.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
It is hard to do- and more so when you have used it to make great travel memories.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't made much travels yet unfortunately. I feel bad for the people who were interested but I just think this vehicle is too good to sell. Also, now I can finally start on my elevating bed platform. 😀

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You live in a beautiful part of BC

Hope you get to enjoy some van travels soon. I never wanted an RV & my wife kept suggesting we get a camper van. Now with just over a years experience, I never want to be without a camper van.

Due to Covid, the Provincial Parks are only letting “BC Campers” in this season. When traveling before Covid, we spent many nights in rest stops. Typically you can stay & sleep for 8hrs.

Happy & Safe Camping to You

1 - 7 of 7 Posts