Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 159 WB Gas. MSRP $38,565. Incentives that I qualify for: $4,750. Price dealer quoted me (incentives and dealer price adjustment): $31,515

Looks like the dealer is taking $2300 off aside from the incentives. Anyone doing better than this recently on 2017? Any insight much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I thought the base incentive was $5,250?

That dealer might be at his bottom dollar, but there may be other dealers who are more negotiable. I was looking at a new 2017 159" high roof gas with an MSRP of $40,470 and they have it listed at $31,747. Of course they might have a ridiculous dealer doc fee or something. I saw one recently that had a $995 Environmental protection package, $900 dealer doc fee, and a $250 plate application fee. Then there is Woody's, a dealer in MO who doesn't have doc fees at all.

The real thing to shop is the out the door price. Many dealers will give you another $500 to get the sale, then simply add on a "standard doc fee" or some other BS to make it up on the back end.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the base incentive was $5,250?
Consumer cash (base incentive) is $3,250.

Conquest bonus cash-if you own a van that meets the criteria of a competitor you get an extra $2k off. You simply need a van on the list to be registered to someone in your family and you show the registration for that extra incentive. I don't own a van.

$500: Commercial bonus cash.

It's so difficult to compare pricing without calling all the dealers because they just factor in all the incentives (having a lease, commercial bonus cash, owning a van, being in the military) and you think that particular dealer offers a great deal. Upon further inspection, you realize they are just offering all the incentives to lure you in.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Good Price?

My wife and I just purchased a 2017, PM 3500 window van. High roof, 159" wb, ext. body.

The MSRP was $44,200. We talked them down to $38,700 and then we had $3,250 in rebates (base incentive).

Ended up paying $35,450. I felt pretty good about it.

I think it's a good idea to work on them for the lowest price before incentives since you will be paying sales tax on the price before rebates are taken off, at least in California that's how it works. I guess that would be my insight.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts