Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! My name is Shane and I have been lurking in the shadows for months, too busy to post any progress. Alas the time has come to share some of my progress with the masses. Still a work in progress to say the least. Thanks to all that have shared their progress along the way on this forum. I owe you all a thank you.

I will add to the story as time progresses. For now, please visit my build photos at the following link:

Here are a few primers ;-)

Cheers!

IMG_1887.jpg IMG_2753.jpg IMG_2874.jpg IMG_2762.jpg IMG_2856.jpg IMG_2857.jpg IMG_2858.jpg IMG_4154.jpg IMG_4228.jpg IMG_2723.jpg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for sharing, it looks like you're well on your way. Looking at the bed platform, have you considered ventilation for the mattress? I believe you need to allow for air to circulate under the mattress. Others may chime in with their thoughts. Enjoy the build process.
Shaun

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice fabrication on the armrest mount. We live in our van for 8 months at a time with no problems with an unvented platform. We have an inexpensive 4 inch foldable mattress from Amazon which stays down all the time. Mostly we are in Utah area but have spent extended time in PNW, Alaska, BC from April to November.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing, it looks like you're well on your way. Looking at the bed platform, have you considered ventilation for the mattress? I believe you need to allow for air to circulate under the mattress. Others may chime in with their thoughts. Enjoy the build process.
Shaun

Thanks for the feedback! Some of the pictures are older. 3/4" holes have been placed all over the platform for ventilation and weight reduction. Good eye! Thanks! I'll try to post some updated pictures with the finished platforms.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice fabrication on the armrest mount. We live in our van for 8 months at a time with no problems with an unvented platform. We have an inexpensive 4 inch foldable mattress from Amazon which stays down all the time. Mostly we are in Utah area but have spent extended time in PNW, Alaska, BC from April to November.
I was pretty stoked on the armrest result. Thank you!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looking good. Do you have a link to the armrests you used? They look good.

Also, why did you extend the armrest forward from the seat frame with the (very nicely made) bracket?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good. Do you have a link to the armrests you used? They look good.

Thank you! It has in fact worked quite well. Ordered from Ebay. Here's the latest listing. Comes from Hong Kong. Expect 3+ weeks delivery.

Also, why did you extend the armrest forward from the seat frame with the (very nicely made) bracket?

Excellent question! Please check out the full photo story here. The primary goal was to have the passenger armrest match the driver armrest while the seats were in the same forward position with the same seat angle. Because of the difference in mounting brackets between the factory driver side bracket and the hardware provided with the Ebay armrest, the new armrest would have been mounted way to far back from the desired location. That's when I realized I needed to make an adapter bracket at the position I wanted. Note the armrest height adjustment screw was set in a midway position during the mounting procedure to allow adjustability up and down once secure. You can see a picture of the new armrest in the full up position, and more armrest pictures at this link.. BTW, I sort of expected some level of customization going into this knowing that I purchase something 'universal'. Thanks for commenting and good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the ebay link and for the more detailed explanation.

I looked at that link and searched for the mating right armrest. I came across this listing for a pair from the same seller:
these appear to have an extension of similar dimensions already built-in.

Looking at the photo, do you think that it might work?

Being the impatient sort, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair of them. I'll let you know how it works out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ebay link and for the more detailed explanation.

I looked at that link and searched for the mating right armrest. I came across this listing for a pair from the same seller:
these appear to have an extension of similar dimensions already built-in.

Looking at the photo, do you think that it might work?

Knowing what I know now, yes I think these longer brackets will work much better and should work without a custom bracket. Good find!

Being the impatient sort, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair of them. I'll let you know how it works out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Knowing what I know now, I think this bracket will work much better than the one I received because of the extension. I didn't find this particular one that you found from the same vendor. Good find! I think you will have better luck with these but some minor fabrication may still be needed, hopefully not! Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Added 120VAC outlet behind passenger seat. This is where we place our electric (or propane) heater so it's nice to finally have AC at this location. I am sure it will prove useful for access from the cargo door as well. This outlet is downstream of the GFI outlet under the sofa bed.
IMG_5052[1].JPG IMG_5053[1].JPG

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry to hear that :-(
I just got the short bracket versions from the same seller:
So I'll be in the same boat as you, building a bracket--but at least I will have your experience as my guide !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got the short bracket versions from the same seller:
So I'll be in the same boat as you, building a bracket--but at least I will have your experience as my guide !
Good luck. Just a little cutting, grinding and drilling ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts