Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am retrieving & restarting a thread that was not finished several years ago.

"I bought a used 2017 Promaster 2500 and can't find the tranny dipstick, hoping someone here can tell me where they hid it. Thanks"

I had hoped someone had responded, but the OP never finished registration. I just took my Promaster to get oil change & service & they advised they could not locate the transmission dipstick. I've done some googling & can't seem to locate. I found this on the forum: trans fluid
but the top of that circled indicator (mine is NOT yellow, but black) says "dealer only access" or the like. It does NOT indicate it is the dipstick for the auto trans.

Anyone? Thanks! Old guy Paul

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
744 Posts
I am retrieving & restarting a thread that was not finished several years ago.

"I bought a used 2017 Promaster 2500 and can't find the tranny dipstick, hoping someone here can tell me where they hid it. Thanks"

I had hoped someone had responded, but the OP never finished registration. I just took my Promaster to get oil change & service & they advised they could not locate the transmission dipstick. I've done some googling & can't seem to locate. I found this on the forum: trans fluid
but the top of that circled indicator (mine is NOT yellow, but black) says "dealer only access" or the like. It does NOT indicate it is the dipstick for the auto trans.

Anyone? Thanks! Old guy Paul
I think you found it regardless of the color. The thread you referenced shows it well. There is no dipstick on the stock transmission. Make your own and use a temp/mm chart.

Easier to remove by reaching up under the van. Easier to see too.

·
Registered
2021 118 low, Black
211 Posts
When I went to find the trans fill plug on my 3.6/6 speed, I was amazed how it was perfectly placed to be hidden in plain sight.
it's there on the right under a bunch of stuff. weird angle, but once you find it, it's a doh moment. no dip stick, pull the plug, use the motor stick or aftermarket if you have to. I filed a mark on the crank oil dipstick so I could use it in the trans filler hole.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you found it regardless of the color. The thread you referenced shows it well. There is no dipstick on the stock transmission. Make your own and use a temp/mm chart.

Easier to remove by reaching up under the van. Easier to see too.
Thanks for the feedback. Now I need to find a suitable dipstick out there that would work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts