Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so today I was taking the recycling down the driveway and the van turned off.
Our driveway is about 400 yards and all downhill so sometimes it's easier to use the van when there's a lot to take down.

After it coasted to the bottom it wouldn't turn on at all. After about an hour of sitting it finally turned over and no problems at all.
It was driven all day the day before and has a full tank of gas. No lights or radio were left on. It started right up before it stalled.
The starter would crank for a little but then the engine would make a weird noise and then nothing. The van is about 3 months old with just over 6k on the odometer

Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This may be a long shot but my 2015 PMC had a bad fuel pressure sensor. The van would almost start but wouldn't run. I discovered that I could turn the ignition on but not try to start it, wait for the fuel pressure to build (until gauges came up) and then it would start. Your situation seems different but perhaps there is a fuel pump issue. I really don't know but my starting trick could point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out it was low oil sensor.
They said these motors use oil more than others and not to go by anything the book says about the 10k oil change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts