Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am building out a 2017 159 Ext Gas for long-haul roaming and camping. I've done extensive road tripping and was a full-time RV'er for a few years. The 24' Class C RV I owned helped to clarify my road-trip style; Essentialist. Now, armed with the experience of overly cumbersome RV bulk and cheap, miniaturized systems I feel excited to create an Adventure Van that travels well.

Thank you to everyone here who has taken the time to post your successes and failures so the rest of our builds may benefit from your experience.

Regards,
Charles

·
Super Moderator
10,561 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please remember to include your location & vehicle info in your signature so we can communicate better!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome and good luck with the build. I see you are in Nashville. Are there any good boondocking spots close to "downtown". I'm planning a trip there in May and want to stay for a night or two and be able to walk or Uber to the main drag.

Thanks
Shaun

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Shaun, Nashville is pretty congested these days and keeping proximity to downtown overnight for free may be a challenge.

If there aren't any events scheduled at Nissan stadium during your time, and you are reasonably stealth, you may be able to park in the free general parking overnight near the pedestrian bridge that crosses the Cumberland into downtown. Lots of people use this to access the strip well into morning hours. It is a safe/secure location for leaving a vehicle as well.

If you try neighborhood parking I suggest midtown or west end somewhere near Centennial Park which has internal parking closing around dusk but is surrounded by free street parking that abuts the park. The park is lit and people walk it into the night so boondocking activity will not look out of place.

For daytime away from downtown, Percy Warner Park at the Hwy 100 entrance is a great place to chill, or one of the Marinas on Percy Priest Lake like Hamilton Creek Marina, each about 15 min from downtown with average traffic.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts