Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what a good deal on a 2016 would be? I don't know what invoice prices actually are.

So say msrp is $34,500. What would a really good deal be on that?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Anyone know what a good deal on a 2016 would be? I don't know what invoice prices actually are.

So say msrp is $34,500. What would a really good deal be on that?
Invoice Price/MSRP ratios are different for the base price of the vehicle vs options. The base price invoice/msrp ratio is about 95%. Options invoice/msrp ratio are about 89%.

So for your $34,500 MSRP it would depend on how much of that is the base price and how much is options.

The best way to get the invoice price for your vehicle is to go to a car pricing site like edmunds.com or nadaguides.com

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
truecar.com

·
Registered
314 Posts
$28K without much effort if you wait a couple of months, for more off go to the highest volume dealers in the area. Not much difference between the 2015 and 2016. I got mine $38,000 sticker for $30,000 without promotions of rebates going on. I would set 20% off sticker minimum as my guide. Search the internet for the largest dealers with the largest inventory of Promasters in your area. Huntington Beach Dodge regularly posts their deep discounts at times, watch them for a baseline. I recently bought a new honda, drove 6hrs and saved $3K off the lowest price off what the local small dealerships would go and got more for my trade in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Invoice Price/MSRP ratios are different for the base price of the vehicle vs options. The base price invoice/msrp ratio is about 95%. Options invoice/msrp ratio are about 89%.

So for your $34,500 MSRP it would depend on how much of that is the base price and how much is options.
Good to know... thanks...

$28K without much effort if you wait a couple of months, for more off go to the highest volume dealers in the area. Not much difference between the 2015 and 2016. I got mine $38,000 sticker for $30,000 without promotions of rebates going on. I would set 20% off sticker minimum as my guide. Search the internet for the largest dealers with the largest inventory of Promasters in your area. Huntington Beach Dodge regularly posts their deep discounts at times, watch them for a baseline. I recently bought a new honda, drove 6hrs and saved $3K off the lowest price off what the local small dealerships would go and got more for my trade in.
Cool, thanks. Don't know if I can wait another couple of months though. 31k is the lowest I'm seeing on the ones that are around 34,500... but yeah that is 2016. Tried to get a deal on a '15, but they wouldn't budge, so I figured if I'm going to pay that much I might as well get a '16.

Also, I wanted silver or sandstone, but that's not gonna happen. It's gonna have to be white... I think I'm coming around on it though...

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Lots to be said for holding out for a sandstone. I ordered a $38,500 diesel and paid $34,000 so about 13 percent. I bet I could have done better by taking a white off the lot or a year-old van but I would have regretted it for as long as I had that van! I got the color I wanted, the current year, the options I wanted and none I didn't. The 16 weeks wait was the only real issue.

Reactions: Quest4Adv

·
Registered
314 Posts
It is apparent that your tail is wagging in anticipation of the purchase. Sounds like you need to visit a few more dealers to get abused and lied to before you are in the correct frame of mind to get the lowest price. I live in CA so tax yearly license fees are based on the selling price. Rebates are added back into the sale price for tax and license purposes. Take your time, be as ruthless as the dealers, it will save you a few $K.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My 16 136 Diesel replacement is in, Sticker is 37600 with the options. Since I went outside the Lemon law for the replacement they are simply taking my 15 back and I'm buying the 16. New sale price went up a bit, paying 28700 for this one which is about 650 more then the 15. Price difference is from adding Cruise and Nav.
Buying thru the Fleet dept at my local dealer saves a bunch and also a lot of hassles. No negotiation, just here's the deal and price wise been great.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 16 136 Diesel replacement is in, Sticker is 37600 with the options. Since I went outside the Lemon law for the replacement they are simply taking my 15 back and I'm buying the 16. New sale price went up a bit, paying 28700 for this one which is about 650 more then the 15. Price difference is from adding Cruise and Nav.
Buying thru the Fleet dept at my local dealer saves a bunch and also a lot of hassles. No negotiation, just here's the deal and price wise been great.
Sticker on the '16 is 37600 and you are getting it for 28700?
That's an amazing deal! How do you buy thru the fleet dept? More than one and for commercial purposes? I have neither...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sticker on the '16 is 37600 and you are getting it for 28700?
That's an amazing deal! How do you buy thru the fleet dept? More than one and for commercial purposes? I have neither...
I've bought dozens of vehicles from them all for personal use and get an Insider deal basically, I use to work for the Dealer group on their Motorcycle side. Fleet guy is heavily into ATV's and Dune riding. We did all his service for free or parts only. Been along time since I was in that business, but he still hooks me up price wise. I know in most purchases he does 500 over true costs after any promos, rebates and even Dealer holdback.
You may not get that kind of deal, but shows the true margins are not bad in the car biz regardless of what the sales depts say.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Bill mac, you should post his name and phone number. At those huge discounts everyone will buy from him. He will be glad you posted his name.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bill mac, you should post his name and phone number. At those huge discounts everyone will buy from him. He will be glad you posted his name.
like I said in my post, I get a insider deal so not everyone can get that kind of price. That said If someone really knows what they want and are ready to buy be happy to refer them. Just send me a PM and I'll send the info to fleet.

Word of warning, the fleet dept is great. But if you read my other posts the Hannah Dodge service dept not so much. Now they recently did replace the Svc/Parts Director and new guy says the right things and I do have my van back running great. Still plan on picking up the replacement rig late this week, holding final judgement on the Svc dept until I test drive the new one. You can check inventory online easy enough, only Ram dealer in Vancouver Wa. Thay don't stock many PM's and order times are 4-5 months. If they show a 136 LR Diesel, sorry that's my replacement :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Will their fleet do custom orders? I'm in Portland and pretty sure that WA dealers will not tax the vehicle. I would be looking for a 159 diesel in blue, totally customed out.
Basically will be a moto toy hauler...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Will their fleet do custom orders? I'm in Portland and pretty sure that WA dealers will not tax the vehicle. I would be looking for a 159 diesel in blue, totally customed out.
Basically will be a moto toy hauler...
Yes, just be prepared for the wait as ordering a PM takes quite awhile. If your a Portland based Motohead, guessing we may know each other. Call my cell at 360-798-7954 and I can pass on the info. They can do dealer trades also, but that just costs a bit more.
I can tell you they only have one PM in stock and it's my replacement rig I pick up tomorrow...Finally

Reactions: keithwwalker

·
Registered
121 Posts
New 2016 price.

Hello all, I just ordered a 2016 1500 Diesel 136WB HT with dual sliders, wall coverings, other odds and ends and the factory swivel seats (finally). I actually picked white on purpose.
But what I really wanted to mention is the man I bought it from in Puyallup, Washington. John Reginato with Larson Dodge entertained me and my indecision when I went shopping early this year and gave me a good quote on ordering a 2015 but I wanted those factory swivel seats, even more so after I saw them in a Winnebago. MSRP on the configuration I ordered was $41,625 and John quoted me $36,852 and if I’m really lucky the rebate will be more when it finally gets here and I can save a few more bucks. But in particular John was easy to deal with, relaxed and provided any information I needed without any pressure, not to mention giving me a price I am comfortable with. I’m not much for haggling.
Another man that accommodated me was Christopher McNamara at Dick Hannah Dodge in Vancouver, Washington. I emailed the Dick Hannah dealership after a recommendation on the Forum from BillMac even though they are 160 miles away. Chris is the internet salesman. Chris quoted me $38,539 on a MSRP of $42,625, the different MSRP is due to some communication difficulties we had with the configuration specs I tried to email him. So even though I recommend John at Larson in Puyallup if I were close to Vancouver I wouldn’t hesitate to deal with Chris.
So right now my van is just a piece of paper and some internet electrons. I would have liked to have gotten it before I retired but I have more things than I imagined to do now that work doesn’t get in the way so maybe better to have it next spring. Let the waiting begin. Back to the future tomorrow:)

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
That van should be at the dealers in mid to late February if my experience is a guide. Congratulations on the purchase. I think you did fine on the price as ordering doesn't seem to get quite the discount buying an old van off the lot does. Being able to get exactly what you want and not pay for stuff you don't want is the benefit. Enjoy the wait and don't expect your dealer to know much about where the van is in production and shipping. Call them for your VIN and build date in a month.

Reactions: Dane

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deals on 2016s are non-existant... I'm seeing msrps about 34,500 and they won't go lower then 32,500... Ridiculous...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Deals on 2016s are non-existant... I'm seeing msrps about 34,500 and they won't go lower then 32,500... Ridiculous...
Probably no deals on a '16 until the '15s are gone. When I ordered my '16 he was pushing me hard to get a '15.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking for a black windowed PM. Any leads? Thanks I was quoted 42K for a 2016...what would be a good price to pay for a black windowed P M? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts