Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Promaster City Tradesman just turned 13K miles.

On a coupe of occasions recently it would buck when backing out of the garage in the mornings.

This past weekend while sitting at a light it started to idle rough, the throttle body light, ESC light and the check engine light came on. The EVIC would display Service Hill Holder, Service ESC and service engine.

I pulled over and restarted the van and it ran fine but with a solid check engine light. The light went away after a few ignition cycles.

Today the symptoms reappeared while going through a drive thru and would act up even after a restart. She's going to the dealer this Thursday.

Hopefully it's nothing major.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got back from the dealer.

Van is running much better.

There were a couple of TSB updates that needed to be done.

PCM update: ECU flashed from old part number 68232044AE to current part number 68232044AG

TCM update: TCM flashed from old part number 68257277AC to current part number 68351657AC

The van runs much better and engages from park to reverse and drive much better. Also, now when I fill up the tank the range shows 436 miles instead of 380-390 after a fill up.

This is the first time I had to put Business Link to the test, my appointment was 8:30am and I was back on the road at 10:20am.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that was short lived. :mad:

Was out driving today and while sitting at a light the symptoms returned and the van went into limp mode again. Heading back to the dealer tomorrow. I think FL lemon law is three times in 30 days for the same issue. This will be strike two.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was at the dealer since 9:00am and just got back.

This time there was a code related to the ABS and another code they couldn't figure out.

They were going back and forth with FCA all day and still no fix.

I'll be bringing it back hopefully later this week and they can get it fixed.

This is not a good feeling to have these types of issues with only 13k miles on the clock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...it's definitely not a bad module or ground short.

Took the van to a different dealer today. FCA told them to bore scope all cylinders. Three out of four were dry...NO OIL!!!!

I just had the second oil change done at the previous (selling) dealer two weeks prior to these issues popping up. So thanks to their incompetence the motor is being replaced at 13,000 miles.

There were no apparent or odd noises coming from the engine, just a flashing throttle body light, check engine light, ESC light, idling at 1500 RPM and warnings scrolling across the dash, Service Hill Holder and Service ESC. This only happened when stopped for more than five minutes in drive with my foot on the brakes.

Here's a video of the symptoms.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it back today with a NEW engine. Tech did a great job and it's still tight and rattle free as the day I got it. Big thumbs up for Lakeland Dodge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts