Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I test drove a 2015 pmc today and I have to say I was impressed with the following:

1 the speed and power of the motor, my 2.5l Nissan Frontier can't even come close to this thing

2 the mirrors are really great especially for a novice cargo van driver, no windows in the back on the unit I drove

3 the slt trim package for sure worth the money, heated mirrors already have the in the truck like them, leather steering wheel ( a real chick magnet feature ),
Lumbar support in the driver's seat, colour matching on the outside looks nice

4 the low load in height especially compared to my truck ( this is the main reason for getting a van, and ofcourse the side access doors

The only thing I didn't like was more to do with the stealership than the vehicle,

the original deal he brought me was my 12 NF 2wd 4cyl and $17,500 cdn including taxes and backup camera, for a vehicle that was $24,000, when I told the guy I wanted to look at the exact same vehicle at another place for $19,995 he said there was noway he could touch that price.

When I was about to walk he came back with, according to him, a one time limited offer of my vehicle and 10,000 and that deal expired at 1600 today.

In summary like the PMC , but I will be seeing the other vehicle tommorow.

Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just to clear a few things up for you.
The leather wrapped wheel comes as standard on all models of the PMC. Lumbar is only available on the SLT, I highly recommend the seats with lumbar, its way more comfortable.
The backup camera and rear park assist are usually included in the SLT packages as well. Windows are over rated, the B pillar is flipping huge in this van so you really have to use the mirrors.
The manual adjusting mirrors are a joke, you have to move them by hand pushing the glass to get the proper position, the silly adjustment handle hardly works, power mirrors are a huge plus if they are included.
Colour matched bumpers really cleans up the look of the van as well as the alloy wheels. The black bumper and steelies make it look cheap on the base models.
$17k canadian is really cheap, the local dealers around me are selling SLT's for well over 30K. Thats only 12.7K for you USA guys..pennies!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The camera was not listed on any slt package at this dealership and I can only find One vehicle with it on autotrader in Toronto. $ 17K and my vehicle for a samll cargo van does not seem really cheap to me.

Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Weird why a dealer would order a SLT without the camera.Its saved me backing up into people behind me so many times. Then again, I live in jaywalk city where any road side is a crosswalk.
Its actually one of the clearest cameras I've used. Much better than the ProMaster one!
Sorry I mis read your sentence about the trade in plus the $17,000, you got an average price for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drove one, and bought it !

Been looking at small cargo vans since the 14 when the transit connect came out. Drove them all, and the Dodge
clearly better. Not a whole lot better, but better in every way. Faster, quieter, easier to load, etc. Was impressed, the Dodge guys(Ram) did a nice job. 5500 in various rebates, was the kicker for me. 26700 sticker for 19800.
and I'm in ! :D How many would sell for 25k plus ? No clue, but for 20k, an easy sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts