Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have scoured this website and looked for TSB on this issue and didn't see one with a solution that didn't say take to your dealer. I don't have a warranty and looking for advice on how to fix. Doors were working fine then I tried to unlock yesterday and nothing is working. It feels like the cable inside is loose, based on when I pull the handle. I can't pull the panels off from the inside because the **** doors won't open. I was able to disconnect the doors from top and bottom that attaches to the van base but now the two doors are stuck together by the locking mechanism. Any advice?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,663 Posts
Just below the window, there is a small rectangular black panel which pops off. It appears to be specific access to the cable that pops loose.

This should be a warning to those who cover their rear doors with solid panels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! I did find that and the cable was hanging. I reattached and it seems a little stretched. It functions but not enough for the door to open. I can open from the inside handle so I think I have narrowed it down to the cable. Have you ever tightened these or do you have to replace the whole cable set?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts