Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
It might be different depending on diesel or gasoline. I actually couldn't find the fuel tank size. does anyone know?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be a good idea if they give an option for a bigger fuel tank for people that need this for long distance. Lining up for fuel can kill a lot of time, time is everything when you're running a business. Best to save it by getting a bigger tank

·
Registered
250 Posts
About 11.6 mpg then?
I think he said he was getting about 14.6 MPG so he probably had a few gallons left when he got 280 mi on a tank.

This isn't very scientific, but my recent experience is that most gas vehicles have about a 400 mi range under average conditions.

I have 3 vehicles. #1 gets about 25 MPG with a 16 gal tank = 400 mi.
#2 gets about 20 MPG with a 20 gal tank = 400 mi.
#3 gets 16 MPG with a 25 gal. tank = 400 mi.

So if the this holds true, the Promaster would have to get 16.7 MPG to have a 400 mile range on the 24 gal. tank

·
Registered
62 Posts
yes I get 14.6 mpg. I usually get around 19 to 20 gallons when I fill up.Gauge is between a 1/4 and empty.Can't go to low at 14.6 mpg need to find gas station soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just to let you know you are saying a 400 mile range if you use all of the gas in the tank. I will try to go till the low fuel light comes on next time and let you know.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My painter & I were talking about the fact that I'm getting a promaster. He went and took a look and he bumped into the Ram C/V and is considering that after the new year. He brought me the brochure and I was flipping through and noticed the engine is the same V6 Pentastar as the PM. The brochure was touting that the C/V will go approximately 500 between fill ups and it's only a 20 gallon tank. Obviously size of vehicle, GVWR and load weight will vary, but I'm hoping for some good results...that's another reason I went with the lower roof!

·
Registered
465 Posts
The Pentastar as a 3.6 or a 3.2 is in almost all of Chrysler's products now. And the C/V is a minivan with the windows eliminated to make the appearance of a work van...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Caravan weighs about 500 lbs less than the smallest PM, but the biggest difference is that it is MUCH lower, and should get significantly better fuel economy at higher speeds.

Minivan owners with the Pentastar typically report upper 20's in the highway, and 20 to low 20's in mixed town-highway driving.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts