Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Ram ProMaster Dash picture below, what do you like/dislike about it? Does the dashboard seem functional enough for you? If not, what can Ram add to improve it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like where the automatic transmission shifter is located, and how it sits inbetween the steering wheel and center console, makes it easier to go from shifting to adjusting climate controls to changing radio stations, etc. not much movement involved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the Ram Promaster Its interior was nice,its automatic transmission shifter was nice.
its inner spacing was awesome.
Its beauty takes a back seat to qualities such as a low step-in height, big payload and cargo capacity, a tall interior ceiling, and, perhaps most important of all, a low total cost of ownership.
Other important elements are a sliding passenger-side door with the option of one on the driver’s side, plus rear clamshell doors that can open 260 degrees.
Top Ten classified website

·
Registered
386 Posts
I wouldn't mind a light colored dash and interior. That black interior looks nice but it's going to get very hot in the summer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looking at the Ram ProMaster Dash picture below, what do you like/dislike about it? Does the dashboard seem functional enough for you? If not, what can Ram add to improve it?

The dodge promaster dashboard seems to be sufficient but If I could get an oem specific center console compartment that would be great for extra storage. In the chevy express right now I have an aftermarket one and it keeps moving around. Hopefully dodge has some accessory like that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The navigation could be a little bit bigger. It looks puny in this huge dashboard. Either then that I haven complaints.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the screen size was compromised due the the buttons around it but it should have been better thought out. Now looking at it just raises a concern.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The only concern is that because its so small it might take too much effort to view it while driving which could be a safety concern.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The only concern is that because its so small it might take too much effort to view it while driving which could be a safety concern.
I'm assuming the Promaster has voice navigation, most factory nav systems speak the directions to you because your supposed to be watching the road after all. Even if it doesn't dont most of you drive with a passenger in the front seat? It may be a bit inconvenient to need someone to read and watch the screen for you, but its better then fooling with maps ;)

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you compare the FIAT and Ram versions, the Ram now have the large cupholders at center bottom. I would like to see the large stowage center bin in the FIAT as an option on the RAM, especially if you get the 3 seat bench seat (where does the center person put their legs?). There are drink holders on the door pockets anyway, afaik...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love the Uconnect® 8.4-inch touchscreen in our Dart. I wish they would have been able to integrate that system into the PM.

·
Registered
386 Posts
That would just raise the cost. I do find the navigation to be a bit small on the Promaster but it's not a huge deal for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There should be a cup holder closer to the driver. And more storage compartments by the driver. Seems set up more for passenger comfort. And the clipboard is in a bad spot. What about us leftys lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
The interior is comfortable, there are a few things is would fix. The cup holders work for only one size cups or water bottle. The good part is Hydro Flask brand works great in both hot or cold. The clipboard is only good for holding things not writing. Arm rest on both sides of the seats. The door is too far away to hold the wheel and hit the rest at the same time. Heating of the cab without a bulkhead is a challenge below freezing. Going to be single digit better bundle. It needs handles on the A pillar.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you compare the FIAT and Ram versions, the Ram now have the large cupholders at center bottom. I would like to see the large stowage center bin in the FIAT as an option on the RAM, especially if you get the 3 seat bench seat (where does the center person put their legs?). There are drink holders on the door pockets anyway, afaik...
I agree, in the rush to US production they ended up with 8 cupholders, ridiculous. The 3 they added destroy leg room for the center bench position.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts