Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Promaster is vehicle with a well established heritage with over 30 years. It is far from a rebadged Fiat. Upgraded and improved in every facet.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Added rustproofing, beefier suspension, better interior

All things that seperate the promaster from the ducato.

Wow the test fleet has 4.5 milion miles?

As in ONE car? Or multiple... How is that even possible haha.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the first thing that made my eyes open is the number he said. 4.5 million miles? Holy carp! ... is that even real numbers. did they just leave it on a dynometer running?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Added rustproofing, beefier suspension, better interior

All things that seperate the promaster from the ducato.

Wow the test fleet has 4.5 milion miles?

As in ONE car? Or multiple... How is that even possible haha.
4.5 million miles in one car? Are you joking me lol. It has to be a fleet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldn't believe it unless there is a video to justify that statement. How does that promaster rack up that many miles?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I believe the Promaster with the v-6 is far from a rebadged FIAT, but the diesel, not so much. A new instrument binnacle and some cupholders is not a big change (which is a good thing in my pov, I think the FIAT van is a great design).

What I would like to know more about is the specifics of just what was upgraded in the suspension, and how the rustproofing is 'improved'.

Are the body panels galvanized? This is a big deal, as I have seen Sprinters in my area that are very rusty (in an area where roads aren't salted).

·
Registered
247 Posts
In my area there are many Ducatos of the last generation. The roads here during the winter are full of salt. The oldest Ducatos here are 2006 models and the bodies appear to be rust resistant. On some of these vans the first layer of the paint on some points of the body is coming off, but the grey primer seems to resist. Fiat repaint these vans for free. ..
Also here some Sprinter owners are disappointed by the rust especially on the doors...
Here in Europe the Sprinter is far more expensive than the Ducato...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts