Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just made an agreement to purchase a 2014 Window Van 159" Gasser. Doesn't have the U-connect or back up camera but has all the rest that I need. Heated colapsable mirrors, rear defrost, 2 FOBS /AC etc. Might add a rear camera but may not need to with rear windows. Price of van: 27,500 + 495 dealers fees. 27,995 + TTL. The window vans seem to be the softest pricing since they are either puchased for RV conversion or Passenger Van conversion. I will use to haul equipment locally and eventually convert to a RV. Tinted windows will be the first order of business probably 10% VLT.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cool deal & welcome to the Forum...

I'm really liking the window wagon I snagged back in June... all that glass with near-zero glare at night being higher that headlights can reach plus the rear door frames blocking headlight glare from directly behind makes it the best night touring vehicle I've ever driven.

Back glass and defrost was a must-have option when I walked into the dealer and talked to the salesman, six weeks later he'd gotten in two window wagons to choose from with defrost missing on both... oops.

Rear Camera, got kids?

The only bad side I've seen so far is afternoon sun on a hot summer day, with sun getting lower in the sky doubles the interior heat load, if you're stopping find shade cause with that much glass the suns heating interior objects it becomes very serious... think Lava flows. Wichita, Kansas 5PM and 102ºF was an education, spent too long in Minnesota I guess.

Thoroughly wash and wax that roof & hood soonest, it's seen a bunch of seasons already w/o any TLC...

The only other thing I could say is get some knee-walls up ASAP, an inside-out dent from our junk shifting is very bad mojo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great price....and I bet your dealer is happy to see that window van off his lot also. I would bet that most ram dealerships that just randomly dealer ordered a window van in the last two years have learned not to do that again. There just are not many people like me and you that want a promaster window van. I placed a dealer factory order 3 weeks ago for a 2016 window van, and agree that finding shade from the sun will be an important seasonal strategy. That plus having a roof installed once I have the vehicle. Enjoy your van.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts