Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2014 Promaster 2500 eco diesel on December 10th 2015 and on December 18 2015 in shop for a bad battery, overheated alternator to a point that the serpentine belt melted to the pulley. Will post the outcome in future but be aware that the dealers with leftover vans are responsible for the batteries and will send you down the road with a bad battery to avoid the cost of replacement which is the dealers responsibility until the van is sold.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2015 Diesel 3500 EXT I bought was sitting on dealers lot for 10 months and battery was completely dead (would not even take a jump start with the battery boost machine).. Long story short I drove away with a brand new battery installed at the dealers expense! I have said before that I recommend all buyers demand a new battery for any van sitting on dealers lot for a year or more!

Reactions: uNik

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
That's a two year old van that should have had a good prep, computer update, DEF changed and new battery. I hope you don't find you have the squeaky brakes, bushings, and leaking clearance lights too. I'd go back and have a heart to heart with the service manager and get an understanding as to whether these things got done. A late 2015 or 2016 had all these things fixed in production. Best to your new van. Its a great vehicle.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's a two year old van that should have had a good prep, computer update, DEF changed and new battery. I hope you don't find you have the squeaky brakes, bushings, and leaking clearance lights too. I'd go back and have a heart to heart with the service manager and get an understanding as to whether these things got done. A late 2015 or 2016 had all these things fixed in production. Best to your new van. Its a great vehicle.
squeaky brakes = I got on my PM:( Are you saying (squeaky brakes) it is a subject to ask dealer to fix under warranty?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2014 Promaster 2500 eco diesel charging system update

Thanks for the additional info I will see if the updates can be made. In followup to my post the van is still at the dealer and is waiting for parts. Filed a case with Dodge/Fiat Corporate and was told two days ago that the dealer had the alternator and serpentine belt and the van would be ready yesterday. Well the dealer's mechanic and service representative called yesterday and said that they did not have the parts and that the parts are NOT available in any other dealer, warehouse, or distribution center in the United States, Canada, or Mexico with no ETA either. Called the Dodge/Fiat Corporate again and they are now escalated the parts for expediting I guess to Fiat Europe. So the van is now in the dealer for almost a week now. It appears to me now that Dodge/Fiat have not supported the eco diesel for parts or this is a large failing part and they cannot keep up with demand. If you use your van for long distance travel be aware that if you have a breakdown you will be waiting for repair for a long time as Dodge dealers must use Mopar original parts only to fix your van under the 3 year 36000 mile warranty. Will post update as to my repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts