Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy- New Van owner here. I searched the forums and contacted the dealer before I am asking this. Check engine light came on. Code was for Bank 2 sensor 1 o2 sensor. Went off after a day or two. Came on again yesterday in the pouring rain, but check engine light flashed this time. Scanned it again but got the same code of Bank 2 sensor 1.
Ordered OE mopar o2 part number 05149180aa-00. Replacing today.

From my research, I understand this bank 2 sensor 1 is the upstream(Before Cat) sensor and if standing outside of the van looking at the front clip, it is the sensors toward the front. I understand bank 1 sensors are towards the back of the van.

(1) Looking to confirm this is correct before I start digging in any more to the work.

(2) This is a hard one to get at(but doesn't seem as bad as Bank 1 sensor 1. Tried from below with a crows foot 02 sensor wrench and not having much lock. Sprayed it down with KROIL first as well. Thinking of trying from above now. I removed the air intake(Good thing I did, found loose clamps on coolant lines that are definitely contributing to the coolant smell. seems I need to remove the electric fan next. Again, before I dig too deep, do I need to go this far to get at it?

Any tips/help are appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Code not Cose!

Also Codes were P1129 and P1152 O2 Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE- for anyone who this may help.

Bank 2 sensor 1 was a b**tch. Make it easy on yourself. FIRST - Remove the front clip,(top and bottom) hood hinge cross piece support, air cleaner(whole thing) and the electric cooling fans. By not doing all this first I fought with crowsfeet o2 wrenches and nearly rounded off the O2 sensor.

Now that have a clear shot at it, cut the wires(sensor side). Put some heat to it several times, some kroil, hit socket on sensor with 3lb hammer. Cut the sensor in half so full socket will fit w an angle grinder(I wasted 2 metal blades on sawsall) Then use 6 point 7/8 socket. 12 point nearly rounded it off completely. Big 1/2 extension to 1/2 inch breaker bar. Success.
7EDCC8CE-AF9B-47D7-8470-456833C50264.jpeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts